Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Replaced the evaporator and accumulator on the 99 S70. Repaired a couple dash mounts. Put in the SE wood trim and steering wheel. My "S"70 R seats. Just need to do R panels. Still has something goofy with the brakes. Pulls pretty hard to the left on anything above light braking. Assuming needs calipers and brakes to be bled all around.

268k miles and the entire thing is completely dry except for an axle seal that just started leaking. Still want to do fuel pump and maybe starter soon. Starts kind of goofy once in a while.

IMG_20130715_185912_456_zpsa7d4a8f2.jpg

IMG_20130715_185858_946_zps3600cc25.jpg

• Upvote 1

Um, have you considered you might have a sticky caliper? That would be my guess here.

I have pinnacle series stuff, Griots (which I did not like the workability of the glaze) and some old school late 80s stuff which I love dearly.

Usually it goes like this

wash with dish soap

clay

swirly remover

polish

1980's OG, OG Triple OG "wax"

Seeing as you can't buy it anymore... I'll show it (the are coming out with it again under new ownership, same name, almost chemically identical)

astro2.jpg

The last step is to seal it up & give it something to wear versus your fresly detailed paint & clear coat...

Not cheap but...

Not a bad price for 2pts of cleaner.

Don't worry... I'm good for life probably... I love the stuff so much that I bought a 6'er back when I had a local finisher supply order it for me on the last batch... It was funny though because I walked in at age 21 and asked for that and they looked at me like... how the fuck does this kid know what this stuff even is? So we got to talking and he was ordering the last batch (literally last batch ever) and he let me take 1/2 a case at cost. I don't foresee myself running out any time soon, or ever

$28.50!!! HOLY SHIT... I could make a quick hundo if that shit actually sells... yea I got lucky & paid 13.50 a pop

Replaced the evaporator and accumulator on the 99 S70. Repaired a couple dash mounts. Put in the SE wood trim and steering wheel. My "S"70 R seats. Just need to do R panels. Still has something goofy with the brakes. Pulls pretty hard to the left on anything above light braking. Assuming needs calipers and brakes to be bled all around.

268k miles and the entire thing is completely dry except for an axle seal that just started leaking. Still want to do fuel pump and maybe starter soon. Starts kind of goofy once in a while.

PICS OF REAR SEATS, GABE!!!

• Upvote 1

Um, have you considered you might have a sticky caliper? That would be my guess here.

I was going to put the calipers and lines from the other S70 on this one since I know they're good.

Interesting, does that old timey stuff really work?

this is almost 2 years ago but I also haven't had the time to actually take the day to do all 5 steps like I do... so some day it will look like this again. Hopefully soonish now that I'm situated at my new place.

IVoteNo.jpg

That was with only clay & astroshield... long before my 7424XP days

Washed, all of them.

Listing the Land Cruiser today, need to make room for a car I've found.

Yelled at it and called it an asshole for not starting.........

• Upvote 1

PICS OF REAR SEATS, GABE!!!

I can take a couple pics when I get home.

Before:

photo-171_zps35ea6c4c.jpg

After:

photo-168_zps4ebd1309.jpg

300,000 miles / 25 MPG = 12,000 gallons of gas have flown through the clamp:

photo-167_zps34ca22b9.jpg

And some proper pics of the new OBX taken while the car was up:

photo-170_zps158c4102.jpg

photo-169_zps69757a3d.jpg