Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Kevs mom

Oh duh, how could I forget that bish. Yeah heading up there for a quick service.

Really though, I'm trying to be nice to Kevin. I'm proud of him for taking the reins and fixing his diet.

Seattle is close enough to the airport, it's barely an hour from there to Lacey/Olympia (:

Unless I don't get a flight -_-

Oh duh, how could I forget that bish. Yeah heading up there for a quick service.

Really though, I'm trying to be nice to Kevin. I'm proud of him for taking the reins and fixing his diet.

Unless I don't get a flight -_-

bish you creepin? we discussed this... I wanna climb a mountain mountain mountain mountain mountain mountain mountainnnnnn

bish you creepin? we discussed this... I wanna climb a mountain mountain mountain mountain mountain mountain mountainnnnnn

Just say no to ratchet pussy.

Hussein's most excellent template... was spot on. Got the Shelby vent installed without the nozzles with the hood back on the car this evening. I'll take some pictures in the daylight. My friend Matt had a nibbler for his cordless drill that he used to cut most of the top metal. No heat and I had never seen one before. Otherwise it was cutting wheel and spray bottle. Came out pretty good.

IMG_20131011_180809.jpg

Hussein's most excellent template... was spot on. Got the Shelby vent installed without the nozzles with the hood back on the car this evening. I'll take some pictures in the daylight. My friend Matt had a nibbler for his cordless drill that he used to cut most of the top metal. No heat and I had never seen one before. Otherwise it was cutting wheel and spray bottle. Came out pretty good.

IMG_20131011_180809.jpg

NICE!! Good timing too! I have to fill the hole in my hood w/ something and I'm thinking the GT500 vent is the way to go. What are the dims of the cutout (asking cuz I'd like to know if I order one that it will fill the cutout in my hood)?? And how far from the back of the hood does yours sit??

how does it blend with the hood?

Blends pretty good, Kevin, I probably can get away without painting it. Fitment against hood is good as well....lies flat. Pics will tell the tale, but it looked great in the basement.

NICE!! Good timing too! I have to fill the hole in my hood w/ something and I'm thinking the GT500 vent is the way to go. What are the dims of the cutout (asking cuz I'd like to know if I order one that it will fill the cutout in my hood)?? And how far from the back of the hood does yours sit?

Let me respond to this in the am. We actually pulled the template before cutting, so it is intact for other apps. :)

I heard the collar is fun ...

Fortunately we've got torches and a killer snap on puller at the shop.. buy yeah, still no fun. AWD collars are one of those jobs I don't have a problem charging straight labor until it comes out.

I don't know what it is with those collars, D5's, 2.5T's zero problems with removal...but R's...what a pain in ze arsch. Part is the same, gearboxes the same. Maybe heat?

Good luck!

Blends pretty good, Kevin, I probably can get away without painting it. Fitment against hood is good as well....lies flat. Pics will tell the tale, but it looked great in the basement.

Let me respond to this in the am. We actually pulled the template before cutting, so it is intact for other apps. :)

Crappy day, hood shots

IMG_20131012_161930.jpg

IMG_20131012_161914.jpg

IMG_20131012_161908.jpg

Underside before and after. I like the idea of pinch mold for the cut edge, but I slit some fuel line, laid a bead of silicone adhesive in it, and that'll have to do for now. Wish I had gotten to the nozzles.

IMG_20131012_154425.jpgIMG_20131012_161006.jpg

*Mattsk8, the dimensions are approx. 30" x 5 3/4" for the hole. If you need the template, holler.

• Upvote 2

*Mattsk8, the dimensions are approx. 30" x 5 3/4" for the hole. If you need the template, holler.

That sucks, mine's 6 5/8" where it needs to be 5 3/4". Back to the drawing board.

I did get the grill badge cut up and fit, I think it turned out ok. Once the windshield urethane I used to glue it on dries, I'll cut the zip ties off.

IMG_20131012_161604_140.jpg

Really Andrij, maximum heat? It was 23C/73F today lol.