Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Back brakes (kind of). I planned on rebuilding the parking brake as well as the pads/rotors so I had the shoes and the spring kit. But, what I didn't know is that nothing was in there for the parking brake, so now I need to find the adjusters and all the brackets and whatnot as well.

Back brakes (kind of). I planned on rebuilding the parking brake as well as the pads/rotors so I had the shoes and the spring kit. But, what I didn't know is that nothing was in there for the parking brake, so now I need to find the adjusters and all the brackets and whatnot as well.

junk yard

or a kit from someplace like FCP.

you have cables or no?

junk yard

or a kit from someplace like FCP.

you have cables or no?

I do have new cables. I checked all over online and couldn't find a complete bracket kit that included all of what I'll need, so I will be sourcing all that at the junk yard this Saturday hopefully. Do you know if an XC has the same ebrake components as an R?? There's a pick n pull near me that has a 00 XC.

I opened the garage door, looked at the car drooling power steering fluid from the grill (yes, the grill) and closed the door... then I cried. should be fixed this weekend.

Just changed the radiator in my wagon outside in the snow today.. I had been losing a bit of coolant and noticed it seeping earlier this week ..

Ended up finding a new one in the parts 98R I had picked up a few months back ! Car had a 'minor' front end hit, strangely enough someone who had stopped in for parts a few weeks back had randomly mentioned 'well looks like uve got a good radiator there' .. this was before I knew I needed one and I thought sure the car held coolant the whole way home when I had picked it up, but I have my doubts.. Well I decided to pull it out and see today, and the doubting continued as I started dismantling things .. I found the rad support and fan shroud had both been stitched back together with zipties !!!!! I pulled out the intercooler and found a gnarly bend in it !!! Then, low and behold out came the rad and it was brand spanking new.... all buttoned up now, took it for a ride to the beer store and finally back inside by the fire .. :)

I opened the garage door, looked at the car drooling power steering fluid from the grill (yes, the grill) and closed the door... then I cried. should be fixed this weekend.

Did you ever find the root of the problem?

Finally installed jewels on the honeywagon yesterday. Tried Expel Film for the first time, too.

Tip of the cap to Brandon, who posted that "jewels sale on e-bay" months ago. Good call Skiah man.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

• Upvote 5

Finally installed V70 upper tail lights on my 855R this past Friday. It's amazing how something so minor as a clear turn signal lense makes the back end look so much better. Also changed the oil, rotated and balanced the tires.

I will be dropping the gas tank this evening to replace my fuel pump o-ring and the evap hoses on top of the tank. I will also be installing some white x70 exterior door handles if time allows.

Oh yeah....might wash it tonight too...if time allows. It's so damned dirty I feel bad/guilty. And since I rotated my tires, my rear wheels are now dirtier than the front. HAHA

Hello Volvospeed - I cleaned the MAF sensor on my 2001 V70 T5 today, and it looks a little strange to me, like a part of the sensor is lifting away from the unit - can anyone tell me if this looks normal or not? Thanks. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz76lt590cwi9ab/MAFsensor2001V70T5.jpg

EDIT - I finally found a picture showing the sensor side of the housing - definitely not looking right. I might try carefully pushing the plastic back into place. if that fails I'll replace it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Volvo-9470640-Air-Mass-Sensor-BOSCH-0280218108-OEM-MAF-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/a2cAAOxy14VRWFjA/$T2eC16N,!yME9s5qF8u!BRWFi+wyWQ~~60_57.JPG

Edited by Dean71

Yea, that doesn't look like a suspicious first post at all....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey morse - sorry if that seems suspicious - I bought this car from Rob Shapiro (swc75) in October and he recommended I read these forums for advice.

For some reason I couldn't post the pictures directly in the message so I used links.

Hey morse - sorry if that seems suspicious - I bought this car from Rob Shapiro (swc75) in October and he recommended I read these forums for advice.

For some reason I couldn't post the pictures directly in the message so I used links.

Oh ok. I didn't mean to call you out.... I assumed you were a bot trying to get us to download a virus or something.

Can you upload the image to an image hosting site like imageshack, imgur, photobucket, etc?

yeah I got that. no problem. I'll do something like this next time

jiqz.jpg

Didn't mean to jump on you. I assumed you weren't a real person. :( My bad.

Yea, that's definitely not right.... It looks like it would snap back in, but they're super delicate so be very very careful if you try to snap it back in.