Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Full interior detail on the VW. Had to whip out the Little Mean Green Machine to get rid of kid related stains. 3 years old, 16K miles, looks and smells brand new.

Pressure washed the wheels (mud caked on from parking in a field)

Vacuumed the wagon. Sprayed the bolts on the LCA some more, they come off tomorrow.

I need to do this to the M3

Really I need to find a black e36 coupe carpet set. Dove grey sucks for a carpet color.

cut up the d088 cold side so I could fit this puppy. Need to get a reducer bung for the iac hoses

IMG_20140921_170836_268.jpg

• Upvote 3

I need to do this to the M3

Really I need to find a black e36 coupe carpet set. Dove grey sucks for a carpet color.

Never understood MB and BMW when it comes to some of their interior color choices.

FWIW, carpet dyes have come a long way if you're willing to try it. Leather can easily be dyed with a spray gun.

Matt, can the tan 850 carpets be re dyed? My wife's carpets are nice and pink

on topic, spent two full days detailing my wife's interior. Fuck cleaning tan interiors, seriously. I haven't been this sore in forever

You don't like the pink?

I guess technically it wasn't today, it's the last thing I did to it though.

15071771459_8af8fc1eb8_c.jpg

• Upvote 2

You don't like the pink?

He prefers the stink. It's been established already.

I guess technically it wasn't today, it's the last thing I did to it though.

15071771459_8af8fc1eb8_c.jpg

Looks great, was it a kit or did you actually cut the leather to fit the wheel ?

Matt, can the tan 850 carpets be re dyed? My wife's carpets are nice and pink

on topic, spent two full days detailing my wife's interior. Fuck cleaning tan interiors, seriously. I haven't been this sore in forever

Local upholstery shop suggested it for one of my exports recently but he did mention that going for a darker shade is the best option.

Local upholstery shop suggested it for one of my exports recently but he did mention that going for a darker shade is the best option.

Might just pull a spare set at a yard and throw in em while I have the original ones re-dyed the original color

• Upvote 1

Never understood MB and BMW when it comes to some of their interior color choices.

FWIW, carpet dyes have come a long way if you're willing to try it. Leather can easily be dyed with a spray gun.

Does it last?? When I was doing a lot of this (been out of the game for about 8 years now) the stuff they used to use looked awesome, but it wore off quick.

Yesterday but.....

Jack helped put in Kevin's V70R interior into the new wagon. Also put a new center console in and some better looking sport mode and switches. Oh and some charcoal door inserts. This hog is finally getting better looking, she deserves it!

• Upvote 1

Does it last?? When I was doing a lot of this (been out of the game for about 8 years now) the stuff they used to use looked awesome, but it wore off quick.

supposedly they stuff they have now lasts quite awhile. I have been waiting to try painting a set of S60R seats for my car

Best reviewed stuff is either furnitureclinic.com or leatherique.com

I have a Letherique kit that has the filler and dye. I got it from Yang when I bought is VR seats. I have been meaning to try it out. The seats are in pretty good shape except for the one normal wear area on the driver side back bolster. I might give it a shot this weekend.