Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Anoyne have an idea where the heck to get the odometer gear that's not supid expensive? i just can't justify spending 20+ dollars or more for a tiny piece of plastic that's the size of my pinky toenail. Or should i just bite the bullet?

Anoyne have an idea where the heck to get the odometer gear that's not supid expensive? i just can't justify spending 20+ dollars or more for a tiny piece of plastic that's the size of my pinky toenail. Or should i just bite the bullet?

thats just how much they are

thats just how much they are

ugh. stupid. Whatevs. i feel like i can get a whole gauge cluster from an x70 for that price at the JY

I don't see how anyone makes money detailing cars, unless you're charging $400+/car. Shops around here will do the whole car, inside and out, w/ a buff for $200, but they have illegals doing all the work.

I quoted a local $350 for his truck, hoping he would say that was too much. Thing will come out looking like new, he will leave with me overnight and he'll drive it straight to get traded in. But I don't think I'll offer that service to anyone. I usually detail the cars I export as a courtesy but vintage cars require a lot of care when detailing them.

I don't see how anyone makes money detailing cars, unless you're charging $400+/car. Shops around here will do the whole car, inside and out, w/ a buff for $200, but they have illegals doing all the work.

Because they aren't doing real detailing...Go get the 200 dollar detail and post up the pics, guarantee its still swirl city and your interior is going to smell like BLACK ICE or some pine tree crap

This is the one I used on my old 850R

xy7UOAi.png

• Upvote 2

Because they aren't doing real detailing...Go get the 200 dollar detail and post up the pics, guarantee its still swirl city and your interior is going to smell like BLACK ICE or some pine tree crap

Agreed Travis

Mattsk8 Check out Oakes detail here in West Chester online

You will change your mind haha

Kid dropped out of engr school to pursue this and now does extremely well for himself. Oh also bought a gt3rs with cash. :) I went to school with him... Nice guy

• Upvote 1

This is the one I used on my old 850R

xy7UOAi.png

awesome sauce. Why do they charge so much for something so small???

Installed the Zeitronix Zt-3 datalogger, wideband, and AFR gauge. Tuning with TMM9 can now begin in earnest.

IMG_2724_zpsaa4313c2.jpg

Also caught this little girl looking at me when I was under my car in darkness except a headlamp. Nearly jumped out of my skin.

IMG_2729_zps5adc3f5b.jpg

• Upvote 2

Holy crap that's scary, Tighe! What kind of spacers are you using to fit those SAAB wheels on your car?

Dropped it onto a jack. Small piece of 2x4 on top of the jack slipped and the car fell onto the fully raised jack. Put a really nice bend in my radiator as well breaking the fan shroud and denting the A/C condenser and intercooler as well. This is the kind of stuff that really pisses me off. Who wants to place bets on how long the radiator goes before blowing a leak? I've already driven 186 miles today.

IMG_20141001_210902_723_zps03ded341.jpg

Got rear ended by a piece of shit that fled the scene. Got out and took a photo of them and their license plate before they fled, though. Rear ending + fleeing scene of an accident = almost immediately guilty. Cunt.

Got rear ended by a piece of shit that fled the scene. Got out and took a photo of them and their license plate before they fled, though. Rear ending + fleeing scene of an accident = almost immediately guilty. Cunt.

Shit, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Whats the damage?

Shit, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Whats the damage?

Definitely puts a damper on an otherwise good day.

Very good imprint of their license plate on the rear bumper in the painted section. Bumper is about 2" lower than normal. Looks like the driver side quarter panel has a bit of a crease in it too.

Insurance said it should be easy to take care of (insurance wise). Police report exists already and they are on a lookout for the car.