scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Good to hear its not terrible. Also good that you are OK.

Thank you for your concern :)

I've been rear ended before (much harder) and it definitely takes a beating out of your neck, even at slow speeds.

Holy crap that's scary, Tighe! What kind of spacers are you using to fit those SAAB wheels on your car?

Dropped it onto a jack. Small piece of 2x4 on top of the jack slipped and the car fell onto the fully raised jack. Put a really nice bend in my radiator as well breaking the fan shroud and denting the A/C condenser and intercooler as well. This is the kind of stuff that really pisses me off. Who wants to place bets on how long the radiator goes before blowing a leak? I've already driven 186 miles today.

10mm H&R in the rear, 5mm up front, but they are strictly spacers, not adapters. The Saab wheels are plug n' play. Bummer about the radiator but glad that no one was hurt. My FJ60 fell off the jacks recently, thankfully no damage, being the beast that it is...

d38c8cc8-55f2-4d53-961e-8c85f829b595_zps

So you're telling me SAAB 5 x 110 wheels bolt straight up to Volvo 5 x 108 without an adapter!? If so I'm swapping wheels with my wife's 9-3 this weekend just for fun!!

Looks like your jack incident happened at night, too!

So you're telling me SAAB 5 x 110 wheels bolt straight up to Volvo 5 x 108 without an adapter!? If so I'm swapping wheels with my wife's 9-3 this weekend just for fun!!

Looks like your jack incident happened at night, too!

Indeed, 5 x 110 bolts right up. I assume this goes the other way too (Volvo wheels on a Saab) but I can't confirm that. Watch the offsets too.

I thought you needed wobble bolts or something for saab wheels?

Thank you for your concern :)

I've been rear ended before (much harder) and it definitely takes a beating out of your neck, even at slow speeds.

When I was in a hit and run it took roughly 20 days to find her guilty.

But in FL apparently there's some BS that they have to wait for the other party to respond, or fail to respond in a certain time frame.

2 calls, and 2 letters later they ruled her fault.

Soon as she ran into me I got out called her a few names and took a photo of her plate.

We were in the median so obviously we had to get out of the median. Went to meet at the store across, I got there, she drove right by.

Police report, license plate, description of car, and 20 days later her insurance admitted her at fault and paid the bill.

I'm immature...

• Upvote 5

Holy crap that's scary, Tighe! What kind of spacers are you using to fit those SAAB wheels on your car?

Dropped it onto a jack. Small piece of 2x4 on top of the jack slipped and the car fell onto the fully raised jack. Put a really nice bend in my radiator as well breaking the fan shroud and denting the A/C condenser and intercooler as well. This is the kind of stuff that really pisses me off. Who wants to place bets on how long the radiator goes before blowing a leak? I've already driven 186 miles today.

IMG_20141001_210902_723_zps03ded341.jpg

Never jack your car up on the front subframe xmember.

The shape if the x member will allow it to slip.. The fact you put a piece of wood there made it even worse

• Upvote 1

Indeed, Mr. Dastardly. The slanted surface is not ideal but I have lifted it there successfully tens of times, albeit more carefully and in better lighting conditions.

Where do you lift the car from? Or do you lift one side at a time?

I'll find out for sure and post up some pictures. I like our SAAB's wheels way better than mine at the moment. I'm very excited.

I don't remember this guy's name from Carlisle '12, but he was sporting some.

(Because Geezerspeed. Or more likely, Beerspeed.) ;)

IMG_20120519_172321.jpg

I thought you needed wobble bolts or something for saab wheels?

No wobble bolts.

Got the idea for the wheels from Rich Wagstaff's S70. I think he or his brother was also the owner of the V70 above.

418636_402163206497723_1707383592_n_zps2

When I was in a hit and run it took roughly 20 days to find her guilty.

But in FL apparently there's some BS that they have to wait for the other party to respond, or fail to respond in a certain time frame.

2 calls, and 2 letters later they ruled her fault.

Soon as she ran into me I got out called her a few names and took a photo of her plate.

We were in the median so obviously we had to get out of the median. Went to meet at the store across, I got there, she drove right by.

Police report, license plate, description of car, and 20 days later her insurance admitted her at fault and paid the bill.

There is a 15-day period here, too. At least that's what the PD and insurance co. told me. My situation sounds near identical to yours. I hope that rear-ending someone and fleeing from the scene of an accident is an immediate sign of guilt. Sure as heck seems like it. PD told me that what they did is a misdemeanor, which is essentially a slap on the wrist.