What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

John, the rust on those springs is bad news. Were they like that when you got them ? Did it get worse from this past winter's road salt ? I'd take some steel wool to them and try to coat them in Rustoleum, etc... Given D2's use of crappy metal (endlinks.....), I would not trust those springs to hold up to rust.

• Upvote 5

John, the rust on those springs is bad news. Were they like that when you got them ? Did it get worse from this past winter's road salt ? I'd take some steel wool to them and try to coat them in Rustoleum, etc... Given D2's use of crappy metal (endlinks.....), I would not trust those springs to hold up to rust.

I've had these coilovers going on 4 years. I run them year round and road salt takes its toll even though I try to wash them every few weeks during the winter. They got a tiny bit worse from this past winter but were already surface rusty. Surprisingly, my endlink tabs have held up fine *crosses fingers*

I plan to either replace the springs I have with something different over the winter (shorter maybe), or possibly buy another set of D2's over the winter through a local guy who is a Vendor and can get me a decent deal on a new set. A lot of work on this car hinges on getting a daily so I can tear into it appropriately.

Howmanythreadscaniusetopostthesamething.com

3 is the limit.

That's so awesome! I mean, I love going to Massachusetts and Milwaukee and working on it in a garage full of friends and beer but the lift just makes things SO AWESOME :lol:

Yea dude let me know if you have something, my pops might want it for the XC. Depending the color code, save the driver side door for me? :wub: and I grab it at carlol from you, because I will be driving this year :tup:

Car is 426 silver. Let me know what you're interested in, I'll hang onto it for you :D

I approve of this photo and all of the silver wagons !

:lol: thanks. following in your footsteps here:

c70stuff011_zpsae9377d9.jpg

I bet all of them have different VIN's too :P:lol:

Solid guess :lol: I think there are parts shared between all 3 though

That grease ! :blink:

That rust! I seriously don't envy you guys in the NE.

That bay looks oilier than mine after the rod blew through the block.

Impressive.

Yeah that bay is nasty. It hasn't run in about a year and the PO parked it because of a massive oil leak.

In other parts-car related news, I did this:

CF2C7633-75CC-4A0E-AF58-C1A4CEB03DAC_zps