What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

Got it running and starting reliably again :D then I got it ready for winter - put the bumper, headlights and turn signals from the parts car on. Now I can ram snowbanks and not care :lol: I also drained the ~90/10 coolant mix for 50/50 genuine coolant, oil change, mounted the snow tires, and replaced my wiper arms with ones from the parts car.

Also changed all 4 shocks on my friends 00 Cherokee Sport. What an absolute bastard of a job to do - everything was rusty as hell and didn't want to come apart. The fronts only took an hour or so, mostly because I couldn't get an impact gun on anything. The rear was a different story. 2 bolt upper bolt heads rounded off, and 3 out of 4 upper bolts snapped off (notorious problem on those cars) and had to be drilled out and re-tapped. I discovered that the rear shackles for the leaf springs were both snapped off when I removed a shock and the whole rear end fell on my head. That didn't feel good at all.

I went straight to VCNA with an email. My local dealer is nothing but trouble. Techs rock, sales and service rock but the service writers are not pleasant. They had asked me to stop bringing them the 855, it was "too modified". Yeah, coilovers and an exhaust is craaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Called VCNA and they said to take it to the dealership to confirm that is the issue and they'll go from there. Have an appointment scheduled for Friday. I need a spare car.

Called VCNA and they said to take it to the dealership to confirm that is the issue and they'll go from there. Have an appointment scheduled for Friday. I need a spare car.

Ruh Roh

Edited by Tommy.

Ask the dealer for a Loaner?

Yeah, guy who called me annoyed me but basically asked me to do the same thing. I'll drop it off tomorrow. I hope they don't waste my time, I really lack patience with those guys.

Yeah, guy who called me annoyed me but basically asked me to do the same thing. I'll drop it off tomorrow. I hope they don't waste my time, I really lack patience with those guys.

I have to double check and make sure I'm not paying for them to inspect the seat heater. If I am, it would be cheaper for me to just replace it myself.

what was the issue with the v70?

Not 100% sure but I this is what I believe happened. The first round of issues was caused by a faulty cam/crank sensor, and once I repaired that issue the second round was due to low voltage from extended periods of cranking when diagnosing the first no-start. Threw a battery charger on, and it started up right away and has been running without issue since then.