Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Fcp lists all of the individual OE part numbers on their site. I grabbed the p/n's from them and used them to order from Tasca since I didn't need a whole kit and it was cheaper for blue box.

awesome. Thank you SIR!

tried to start the volvo last night. dead battery. like dead dead dead. haven't tried to start it in like a month lol. but i turn it on, and i hear, "flap flap flap flap.." turns out the serpentine belt had started to shear and was knocking the power steering cover :lol: however.... i went to check the coolant after the coolant loss last month.... looks like there were some very tiny specks of oil in the coolant reservoir. signs of failed radiator? there were also small puddles of coolant by the front driver's side headlight and a bit further back too, like between the trans and engine. any ideas??!!

lower rad hose or the lower rad outlet

that's what i was thinking. what about the oil specks in the coolant?

Last saturday,

New IC hoses, and logging. Still have boost leak, so will check CBV soon.

Definitely need to simple green my engine bay, about seven times. :closedeyes:

IMG_20141206_192224_120_zps2d489baa.jpg

IMG_20141206_192208_828_zpsb2143d0d.jpg

IMG_20141206_200202_270_zps1b19bad5.jpg

Edited by Tommy.

I think I see a spec of dust on your intake... Better clean that!

Seriously though, that sucks... what happened? Looks like a new fender and hood are in order. Do you think you will be able to match the color?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So I started today doing this ^_^

10846774_10152892358219814_867262564_n.j

10863500_10152894301214814_1040193371_n.

Finished the day doing this :(

10850534_10152896453374814_1184475751_n.

Do88 I/c and radiator?

I think I see a spec of dust on your intake... Better clean that!

Seriously though, that sucks... what happened? Looks like a new fender and hood are in order. Do you think you will be able to match the color?

WHERE!? I NEED TO CLEAN IT!

but yeah I just got done wiping it down in that picture so it looks cleaner then normal. When the radiator exploded it left water spots all over it and I had to polish it back out.

Sucks big time though. Need fender, hood, turn signal, headlight housing (thank god the lense survived though, they are rare as unicorns), and headlight support.

I was going to peel the plastidip anyways, so color wont matter that much. On the lookout for a black hood and fender though.

Do88 I/c and radiator?

Negative. RICA IC and chinese custom made radiator.

Having some bad luck lately. Driving the Mini, hit some kind of medium-large animal @ 50-55 mph last night. Stopped the car, tried looking for it, couldn't find anything. pretty much the whole driver's side of the bumper is shattered, took out fog light and turn signal indicator, lots of broken plastic. thankfully didn't hit the hood or headlight. I'd expect I will need the cover, bumper trim, foglight, and a few other bits behind the bumper. :closedeyes:

Having some bad luck lately. Driving the Mini, hit some kind of medium-large animal @ 50-55 mph last night. Stopped the car, tried looking for it, couldn't find anything. pretty much the whole driver's side of the bumper is shattered, took out fog light and turn signal indicator, lots of broken plastic. thankfully didn't hit the hood or headlight. I'd expect I will need the cover, bumper trim, foglight, and a few other bits behind the bumper. :closedeyes:

did I mention I get discounts on Mini parts too?

did I mention I get discounts on Mini parts too?

can you check what you can do for a Cooper S bumper? R53 model. Nathan (TurboMoose) said he will be scouring the mini junkyard down his way for an R53 bumper from there. I'd probably end up just getting it painted. ugh i hate this!