Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

PO didn't do that on mine, I'll never understand why. One of the best ways to protect the engine, takes all of 5 minutes to remove and doesn't interfere with air flow to the brakes. :arob:

Several P2R folks I talked to said their cars didnt come with it, when I bought mine it had it :huh:

People (read: Swedespeed tards) say the R's didnt come with them to keep engine bay temperatures down, strange, because according to my CFE readout on the DIM, the hottest I've ever gotten the coolant temperature was 215*F, and even without the shield i've gotten it that hot before

On the Shit70, got the cat back potion of the exhaust welded on during lunch today.

3" OBX downpipe with 3" midsection in to ipd/TME catback without the suitcase muffler just the rear muffler.

Pulled the engine and transmission on the Amazon.

Spoke to the shop doing the fuel distributor repair on the R5.

Moved the wagon back 5 ft, then forward 5 ft.

re-bled the brakes on the 97R, fixed a brake fluid leak. Checked for vac leaks and it has none, still boosts like shit. Gas mileage is crap too, last tank it averaged 14 :blink:

injectors? has a new fuel pump and fuel filter

re-bled the brakes on the 97R, fixed a brake fluid leak. Checked for vac leaks and it has none, still boosts like shit. Gas mileage is crap too, last tank it averaged 14 :blink:

injectors? has a new fuel pump and fuel filter

If you still have the stock rubber IC hoses squeeze them and check for cracks.

If you still have the stock rubber IC hoses squeeze them and check for cracks.

all silicone hoses, vacuum and intercooler. I did notice that when in Park, if I press the brake pedal and then release the throttle rises slightly then falls....no idea what's going on there....

One of the difficult to find vacuum leaks is through the vacuum tree o-ring. Rarely is it enough to set a CEL, because ME4.3 and 4.4 won't pick it up, but will cause some performance issues. Cheap and easy check and fix. Of course you should always check the elbow at the intake manifold for the PCV.

all silicone hoses, vacuum and intercooler. I did notice that when in Park, if I press the brake pedal and then release the throttle rises slightly then falls....no idea what's going on there....

Isn't that a brake booster issue

• Upvote 1

Been moving stuff to the new storage unit and organizing it.

Today I tossed some stuff ive had sitting for months, on the car finally.

Only notable things are

98 v70R cluster with LEDs and Chrome Rings

Correct upper poly mount for the rn swap upper mount

and new abm headlamp bezal, and cleaned it out - had a moth in it for like a year.

Rest was just a bunch of little stupid shit.

Anyone running a K24 with snabb pipe and EST intake heat shield? Didnt look like it was going to fit when I tried putting it back on after turbo swap.

And the SRS light is flashing really faintly - led in backwards maybe? idk.

Been moving stuff to the new storage unit and organizing it.

Today I tossed some stuff ive had sitting for months, on the car finally.

Only notable things are

98 v70R cluster with LEDs and Chrome Rings

Correct upper poly mount for the rn swap upper mount

and new abm headlamp bezal, and cleaned it out - had a moth in it for like a year.

Rest was just a bunch of little stupid shit.

Anyone running a K24 with snabb pipe and EST intake heat shield? Didnt look like it was going to fit when I tried putting it back on after turbo swap.

And the SRS light is flashing really faintly - led in backwards maybe? idk.

Nah it won't fit. Run custom