Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

pulled my fuel rail in my 11* garage this afternoon.

My fingers were stiff..

Time to send the injectors off to get cleaned etc.. who's the guy a lot of you have used on here?

i used http://www.deatschwerks.com/

they did a great job - professional, knowledgeable, fair in price

Good stuff George. I'm surprised you guys started racing so early in the year. What tires do you run in the rain?

It was just a practice, and they have been snowed out in the past. We had one last year and it was heavy snow right after. Not everyone made it home but I was running my Conti DWS tires and had no issue. The first real race is the middle of March.

I was running my current race tires, Hankook Ventus R-S3 (version 2). It was a little cold out for them as I could light them up at 30 mph, but they still had decent grip. 10 degrees warmer and they would have had much better grip, but did OK for this time of year.

looked at it.

realized its too cold to work on it.

walked away.

As I get older, this happens a lot more than it used to. :lol:

Pottstown! like Ptown Pa? Near Reading? Ya better get better milage! Jesus, thats like 80 miles from here. I thought ya were messing around with your shit in Lumberton or someplace near by. Do ya work out there or something?

FINALLY found a shop that was willing to try to PDR the dent in the rear quarter panel of my 855R. I couldn't be happier with their work! The dent bothered me for so long, and everyone I took it to said the repair required a body shop and paint. False!

Before:

d3_zpsee3b21ce.jpg

3303E864-DFB7-4BCF-921A-347394B6026A.jpg

4192E99B-1A76-4FC4-88AA-C66C115BB213.jpg

29C08F7F-78E2-45C5-B4B8-8995E9BBEA1C.jpg

AFTER:

1D810AB1-C274-467F-9A3A-D46940816421.jpg

9DEBCA70-B1E8-4E84-B825-425722FF5063.jpg

304D1437-7B9E-4A27-9B5E-74E42D2F4CAA.jpg

• Upvote 8

Very nice. I have something similar, but it's on the DS rear door so it's worse for me because I see it every time I get in the car (which is more often than I walk around the PS). What's this kind of thing run you?

Is that black scuff related or am I just seeing things?

Very nice. I have something similar, but it's on the DS rear door so it's worse for me because I see it every time I get in the car (which is more often than I walk around the PS). What's this kind of thing run you?

Is that black scuff related or am I just seeing things?

Yes, it's related. The dent hurt the paint a little bit, so it's not perfect in that area. I haven't yet had a chance to polish and wax the paint, though.

Price depends on the size and location of the dent. You should expect to pay between $70-$150. Some shops charge by the panel, others by the dent. The repair on my car was $150. And to anyone who thinks that's excessive, the dent was worse than it looks in the above pictures. In addition to the crease, the surrounding area was pushed in.

• Upvote 2

They are the best in this area... and LOVED my R when it was there for the hail damage I had 4/5 years ago

If I remember correctly the owner is "Mike" and was also my main point of contact and a good guy

Yes, it's related. The dent hurt the paint a little bit, so it's not perfect in that area. I haven't yet had a chance to polish and wax the paint, though.

Price depends on the size and location of the dent. You should expect to pay between $70-$150. Some shops charge by the panel, others by the dent. The repair on my car was $150. And to anyone who thinks that's excessive, the dent was worse than it looks in the above pictures. In addition to the crease, the surrounding area was pushed in.

Gotcha, hopefully it's as easy as just polishing it out.

Mine is in the middle of the panel, not on a crease like yours on the wheel arch. It's probably the size of a quarter or a bit larger, so I think as far as dents go mine is probably the easiest to fix. Still, that's not a bad price to remove seemingly the only blemish on the car, especially in the location yours was in.

Thanks for the info, I may give them a call when I'm traveling out that way later this month.

Drove it to work. Needs a bath and an oil change. I hate winter. I also need to take mine to a dent mender, I have 2 fairly small ones I need some finessing done on.

:ph34r: Cool thing about working somewhere with an impact salvage solutions team, and being good friends with the guy.

He knocked out a good size (baseball size) dent in my right rear qtr right before the bend under the tail lamp over the course of 3 days, still need to get my car back over there to get the rest of the door dings and such knocked out.

Empty roads on the way in so I wound it out a couple times.

Thought about taking the roof rack off today - decided not to and left it on, ill take it off tonight :lol:

Edit.

JUSTIN!!!!!!!!

Driver's side hub assembly on the wagon to replace an aftermarket unit that last all of 15 months. Using a sealing rung against the hub would have helped but oh well....

Brakes pads on the front.

Nothing on the Amazon, sadly. Lacking the time this week.

• Upvote 1

Driver's side hub assembly on the wagon to replace an aftermarket unit that last all of 15 months. Using a sealing rung against the hub would have helped but oh well....

Brakes pads on the front.

Nothing on the Amazon, sadly. Lacking the time this week.

The Blue box wheel bearing kit comes with some water resistant grease and some kind of ring that goes behind the backing plate to keep water out. You have to dissemble the parking brake and my former employer never priced labor for me to remove all of that so I just threw it in the trash. I might have some in my toolbox somewhere...

EDIT: I'm an idiot, that kit is for the rears. I didn't read you were replacing the front :arob: