Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

New struts and alignment in the XC70. A bit weird that they weren't leaking at all, but just started rattling like crazy for the past 2 weeks.

New struts and alignment in the XC70. A bit weird that they weren't leaking at all, but just started rattling like crazy for the past 2 weeks.

Ohlins? :D

last night started making my custom gauge pods

put oil lines back in and buttoned up to the radiator

removed some more AC stuff

stared at it and dreamt of driving it in nicer weather

The Blue box wheel bearing kit comes with some water resistant grease and some kind of ring that goes behind the backing plate to keep water out. You have to dissemble the parking brake and my former employer never priced labor for me to remove all of that so I just threw it in the trash. I might have some in my toolbox somewhere...

EDIT: I'm an idiot, that kit is for the rears. I didn't read you were replacing the front :arob:

Thanks Josh! I actually thought I would need to do the rear one today since I have a noise that sounds like a bad bearing this morning. But all 4 wheels spin quietly and have 0 play. I dread having to do the rear wheel bearings, they take much longer than the fronts.

Ohlins? :D

You find me a good full set and I'll put them on the C70!

Where can you get Öhlins for a XC70? Or better let me know where you can get Öhlins for AWD Volvos these days?

There was an AWD complete set for sale on eBay not too long ago that sold for $650.

Battery died in the car.

Got it charged overnight

Put in $20 of 93

Put air in the tires @ 38 psi

Drove it around and she still feels good going 60+

Made a list of things I want to do on the wagon. Sways, FMIC, angle gear collar and a few misc. items.

Didn't do a single one, it has been parked since Sunday night and won't move until next week, at best.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to be taking a 4 day weekend next month when it warms up and finishing my laundry list of things to do to the wagon.

XC:

Fog light bulbs

Euro fog mod

.99 relay

LRW:

Took some things out of it

Muttered angry statements under my breath

I need to sell my 850R... I need to get motivated to sell my 850R... must sell to good home... must get more coffee

• Upvote 1

And knowing you Davit, it will be many more months before you finally sh*t or get off the pot.

Give it a good wash, focus on carpets and seat for the interior, make sure it's running perfectly and list it. It'll sell, even with that title.

• Upvote 1

And knowing you Davit, it will be many more months before you finally sh*t or get off the pot.

Give it a good wash, focus on carpets and seat for the interior, make sure it's running perfectly and list it. It'll sell, even with that title.

That is the plan, I was going to do that before 2015 but school got in the way. When the weather gets better I am getting it detailed. No point right now with the salt and ice.