Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

I am Using "Peel and Seal"

It is what Dyanamat and FatMat is...

Only its $16 a roll at Lowes. In the roofing dept. It is the identical product as the standard .50 thick name brand.

I've looked into that, although I've read bad things about asphalt based sound deadening. Apparently it gets soft with heat and will peel off, especially on vertical surfaces.

But just as many people say its fine lol

What's your technique with the Lexol Mike?

I've looked into that, although I've read bad things about asphalt based sound deadening. Apparently it gets soft with heat and will peel off, especially on vertical surfaces.

I've used it many times before and it's always been fine. I am happy with it.

• Upvote 1

Washed it.

4 minute drive from the car wash to the shop, just as salty as it was before I washed it.

• Upvote 1

What's your technique with the Lexol Mike?

1: Clean the seats per the cleaner (orange bottle) instructions.. Use a damp wax pad or similar type sponge and apply the cleaner to make a lather. wipe off with a damp cloth and then dry with terry.

2: For a dry/faded/hazy/stiff seat, after cleaning it I will completely saturate the seat with the treatment (brown bottle) and spread it all over with my hands then let it sit on the seat for an extended period in the heat (sun is best). with the M3 seats since they were out I did this in my boiler room 95 degrees in there. I let them soak for at least 12 hrs this time.. then using a heat gun on @ 300 degrees ill warm it and massage it into the leather.. it will still be streaked and too shiny but the seats will have Lexol well absorbed. So for the final step with rough seats I basically follow the treatment instructions which are next..

3: as a final step (or for a regular treatment in the course of owning your car) just follow Lexol's instructions, take a damp cloth, spray some treatment on it and wipe evenly all over, then buff with a clean, dry towel. doing this after my step 2 will get rid of the shine and streaks, and give the seats a perfect satin sheen and the leather will feel like soft leather not cardboard.

This works. I'be been doing it this way for a long ass time and always am happy with the results.

• Upvote 2

That helps. I've used Lexol forever and seen good results with seats that have been maintained but wondered how it would work for cardboard like leather.

The key is to heat it up with a heat gun as you apply it, it sticks MUCH better then. The smell goes away after like a week.

• Upvote 1

Oil change and started this project........Lets just say its stilling on jack stands overnight

IMG_20150306_185436028_HDR.jpg

• Upvote 3

pulled the whole Audio system. Amp, all the drivers, crossovers, HU, wiring.. everything. Going to re-install with my interior overhaul in a way that I like better with all new wiring and a neater install.

Keeping most of the stuff the same (Focal K3 drivers and Focal Utopia crossovers with an oldschool a/d/s amp, JL subs and a nice plain Nakamichi HU.

I also redid my door cards as they suffer the same issues as my S70 (and everyone else)

photo_zpse1e700f1.jpg

Inserts removed:

photo_zps80e4468d.jpg

Vinyl removed:

photo_zps103ed40c.jpg

Suede in place:

photo_zpsbacb57f6.jpgphoto_zpsa0a180ad.jpg

Handles will be black soon too.. Just there for display purposes.

The key is to heat it up with a heat gun as you apply it, it sticks MUCH better then. The smell goes away after like a week.

Yes. This.

The smell isn't nearly as bad as some people act like it is either.

• Upvote 3

got my gauges installed in the center air vents on my R - it looks awesome. Im really happy to get rid of the A pillar gauges

gonna have the mechanical gauge in the glove box as a fail safe

shitty snap chat pic

photo_zpsvlggnd4a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clean install Greg. I still prefer the A-pillar look though.

To each their own, I do as well. Nevertheless, very nice and clean. Let me know how you like that boost gauge. I've heard mixed feelings about it.

Totally, very clean. I know LongTom has those gauges and really likes them, when he came to the MW and visited for the night it was very accurate. I still prefer the analog boost gauge though.

again... to each their own. I love my AEM wideband.