scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Yeah I have the same wideband but have an AutoMeter Sport Comp II boosty. Have yet to hook up the WB until I get my exhaust done, but my initial feeling is it won't match ANYTHING in my interior :lol:

HAHA oh nooooooo!

Spot on accuracy, has saved me once, and was well worth the investment.

I will have the autometer in the glove box - its getting exiled as it wont match.

I like the gauges in the vents as they are less noticeable, and on the A pillar the pod never lines up 100% with the original trim work - wires become slightly noticeable from the windshield etc. Also passing wires up to there is a bitch.

What good is an analogue gauge if it's in a glovebox?

especially if its instantaneous like a boost gauge..

so at full throttle the overpriced digi gauge fails you lean over, open the glove box on the other side of the car and check your analogue gauge (that always works) just to make sure that there are no spikes..

um, ok.

at least your dashboard looks nice and everything matches

so at full throttle the overpriced digi gauge fails you lean over, open the glove box on the other side of the car and check your analogue gauge (that always works) just to make sure that there are no spikes..

um, ok.

at least your dashboard looks nice and everything matches

Not a fan of a-pilar gauges either. If I ever have to put gauges in a car again, it'll be one of these: MXL-small.jpg

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't think it would hooked up rather just sitting there ready to be thrown in place of the Digi. But I'm not sure, only Greg knows that one.

Replaced exhaust on R5, bled cooling system and let it idle for 15 minutes until the fumes made me dizzy in the shop. Rain is killing me this week. Checked on the wagon. Drove the piss out of the Golf and finished sanding one of the Amazons.

Drove it to work. I absolutely love the weather, but man is it ever murder on the car when the snow all melts and all the puddles give my car a salt bath. Looks like filthy trash right now and washing it would be a waist of money.

• Upvote 1

I will have the autometer in the glove box - its getting exiled as it wont match.

I like the gauges in the vents as they are less noticeable, and on the A pillar the pod never lines up 100% with the original trim work - wires become slightly noticeable from the windshield etc. Also passing wires up to there is a oh yeah!.

I learned small zip ties keep them neat

I got over the struggle of passing wires throu years ago. I leave 2 dead wires for pulling

Edited by WayAway

photo_zps62046f91.jpg

photo_zpsd7a71193.jpg

my interior re-do is getting closer.

All my grey is now black and all the suede is done except for the sunroof.. pulling that tomorrow

• Upvote 1