Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

I read the DIY for those rear bushings and you have to damn near take apart the entire rear suspension to get to those.

I checked all the right boxes this morning: RWD, 2 door, 5 speed and turbo.

yep.

mines supercharged though...

Can confirm: LSD turns Front Wheel Drive into Fun Wheel Drive.

New clutch is broken in and I've been having a blast feeling out the new Quaife LSD. The car launches harder and pulls through corners faster. Combined with a fresh set of CJ's sub frame bushings, the car has never felt better.

• Upvote 1

God I love that color. Lucas, I'm very jealous, that wagon already looks great.

Sisters new car last night...

oem Monster Mats, oem all four splash guards, then I ordered the oem spoiler pre painted

love these new mk7 cars, I will have one soon enough im thinking

-229-p2_zpskd7bfwae.jpg

• Upvote 1

love these new mk7 cars, I will have one soon enough im thinking

Did they fix the carbon build? Or the slipping clutch after no more than a off the shelf tune?

God I love that color. Lucas, I'm very jealous, that wagon already looks great.

Thanks. It depends on the angle and lighting... and my iPhone helps it look in better shape then it is. I too, have fallen in love with the color.

You scooped that from me!!

Don't feel too badly, Timbo. It's not perfect. The iPhone hides a great deal of the paint problems at the nose. You come up with enough money someday, and maybe it can be yours. :)

*flamesuit on*

Porsche engine locations:

Mid > Front > Rear

Nah that's right. No one likes slow meh handling glorified VW Bugs. The 911 is a cult car like the E30. I will never understand the love it gets.

Don't feel too badly, Timbo. It's not perfect. The iPhone hides a great deal of the paint problems at the nose. You come up with enough money someday, and maybe it can be yours. :)

I know what it went for though, so unless it's around the same price it won't be likely ;)

You gonna DIY those Matt?

No, I'll get them from iPD.

First thing swapped from 98 to 00... ABMs

Looks awesome. ABMs are on my to-do list for sure.

Had an exhaust shop weld a new O2 sensor bung in behind my cat. When I made my DP, the sensor wire was too short so I hoped putting in an angled bung and backing the sensor out of the flow would trick it; it didn't work and my SES light comes on. For $30 the local exhaust shop welded a new bung behind the cat, and put a plug in it for now. Tomorrow I'll solder an extension in the O2 sensor so it'll reach the new bung, then put the plug in the original hole.

Also going to adjust my parking brake (again) tomorrow. Does anyone else have an issue with theirs? Seems like they don't last very long. I'll maybe get 6 months out of it, and over the coarse of those 6 months I'll eventually have the adjuster screw in the console screwed all the way in. Then I have to pull the rear brakes all apart and adjust them out there. Just seems kinda premature, and I don't cruise around with my parking brake set.

Edited by mattsk8

Did they fix the carbon build? Or the slipping clutch after no more than a off the shelf tune?

Good questions...

this isn't a gti... its a tsi and its an auto ;) the tsi is a 1.8t 170hp, 87 gas and 28-37mpg. I want one lol.

The new MK7 manual with a stage 1 ecu has had some serious clutch issues - you are right. Some of these VW people though are like reading some of Swedespeed... the car wasn't designed from the factory to have that 70+hp and all those extra torques though lol... a thread I read the other day on vortex was about people comparing their heated seat surface temperature numbers with infrared guns lol