Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

^ Hope it wasn't a Safetylite windshield.

Care to elaborate?

In FL its free so ive been tossing the idea around for about a year or so now on having them replace it for me.

Care to elaborate?

In FL its free so ive been tossing the idea around for about a year or so now on having them replace it for me.

Safelite uses shit glass

• Upvote 2

Safelite uses shit glass

Lol that sums it up perfectly. ill be sure to ask for oem.

Care to elaborate?

I had to replace my windshield after I hit a turkey vulture head on @70mph. It was the original 11yo windshield. Had some pits but not bad, no bullseyes or chips. After getting it replace with Safetylite I noticed that within a month it had a scratch from a piece of glass from the original windshield glass in the wiper blade. Within a year it had pits worse than the 11yo one. Now 3+yrs later it has 3 bullseyes and scratches and pits. Satetylite uses soft glass. Next time I'm getting OEM at the dealer or Pinkerton.

Safelite uses stuff glass

^ that's about right..

Pilkington :)

You can use Saint Gobain Securit if you want, they're also quality windshields.

Installed K&N air filter today, biggest there is for 3" MAF

DSC_0164.jpg

Edited by Midnight Caller

Car has been detailed for the Davis show.

Goes into the shop tomorrow to replace the steering rack as I am out of time to do it myself.

I have power steering again.

• Upvote 1

Came out to a dead battery, wouldn't even crank :tdown: Jumped it (love my lithium jump-pack) then drove to the shop. Diagnosis shows the battery isn't holding a charge, but the alternator and cables are fine.

Took the summer tires off my gold wheels and started prepping them for paint. Not as productive as I hoped, but oh well.

New angle gear and collar sleeve. Delrin subframe bushings installed. Transmission drain and fill, coolant drain and fill, and 5W-40 oil change. Thanks to BMac for the help.

If you have yet to install Delrin, don't hesitate and just do it. They make driving on 95 through NYC tolerable, yet tighten everything up for an overall more comfortable and sporty/solid ride. I can actually put my car in advanced mode if I want to now without shattering my teeth and back simultaneously.

• Upvote 1

Came out to a dead battery, wouldn't even crank :tdown: Jumped it (love my lithium jump-pack) then drove to the shop. Diagnosis shows the battery isn't holding a charge, but the alternator and cables are fine.

Took the summer tires off my gold wheels and started prepping them for paint. Not as productive as I hoped, but oh well.

Went through a battery this winter as well. Got a brand spankin new NAPA legend for $75 and absolutely love it. actual price on those things are close to $200.

• Upvote 1

New angle gear and collar sleeve. Delrin subframe bushings installed. Transmission drain and fill, coolant drain and fill, and 5W-40 oil change. Thanks to BMac for the help.

If you have yet to install Delrin, don't hesitate and just do it. They make driving on 95 through NYC tolerable, yet tighten everything up for an overall more comfortable and sporty/solid ride. I can actually put my car in advanced mode if I want to now without shattering my teeth and back simultaneously.

Kaplhenke or CJ's? What I hear/read Kaplhenke are a bit easier to install.

Kaplhenke

I don't think people are buying CJ's...

I bought CJs and have loved them. No problems even 3 years later. Would do it again in a second. The only issue is that you have to have access to above the subframe bushings, so its much easier to install them with the frame outside the car. So they are a little harder to install.

I have CJ bushings too. No issues with it, LOVE THEM...

IIRC someone posted here that Kaplens stuff had issues...