Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Removed Japanifold, installed R Manifold performed Tune up and drove it around the block. 

V70R: Got the AC working. Started gathering parts for intake..Stock airbox going back on

Hot air intakes on automatic turbo cars sound like old ladies with emphysema..awful and embarrassing to drive. I don't know how anyone with an auto trans can drive like that and think it sounds good.

M3: Rebuilt the VANOS and reinstalled it, flushed engine and radiator, new Continental and Gates racing belts, new thermostat.. May actually finish it by the end of next weekend

Not exactly my car per-se, but I attended ST Octane Academy this past weekend. Really fun time and the course was taught very well. 

2LnqG0Rh.jpg

• Upvote 1

V70R: ..Stock airbox going back on

Hot air intakes on automatic turbo cars sound like old ladies with emphysema..awful and embarrassing to drive. I don't know how anyone with an auto trans can drive like that and think it sounds good.

​Mike next time you are in DC I'll take you for a spin in mine and let you be the judge of it. ;)

​Mike next time you are in DC I'll take you for a spin in mine and let you be the judge of it. ;)

Since there's already one on the car with a Delco TCV and I know I don't like it..  

I'm not putting a forge CBV on this and it's a daily beater.  Not sure what you do to improve the soft shift slow wheeze but the stock air box with an aluminum pipe to the turbo should be fine for me

V70R: Got the AC working. Started gathering parts for intake..Stock airbox going back on

​FWIW, I think a CAI sounds ghetto on my 6 speed manual too. I had a Eurosport intake on mine and put the stock back on cuz I got so sick of that fake BOV whoosh every time I let off the gas.

Putting a k24 on it you hear more spool than anything, but I do like the whoosh sound, yes I'm a child.

Edited by Tommy.
  • Upvote 2

I don't mind the sound on my old manual T5, on the auto R there's no spooling to hear and never even really a "blow off" sound. Just a wheezy rising and falling whooshing noise as the slush box does it's thing. 

Stock box will be fine. No power loss and I don't need to be that cool anyway. 

Besides I have a noisy whining supercharger with a very loud intake on the M3 when I need to feel manly

• Upvote 1

A man doing man things with man sounds in man-merica'

I've been wondering if I should just put the stock box back in too.

I'm going to for sure, just need to modify the aluminum pipe and elbow to fit. Not going to use the silly little accordion pipe..

whats the deal w the PTC on me7? Tom just totally eliminated it and car is fine, passed echeck and no cel. 

TCV has nipple #3 going to atmosphere as well..

And the line from evap solenoid to post MAF fresh air is just blocked.

and it all seems to work..

I'm going to for sure, just need to modify the aluminum pipe and elbow to fit. Not going to use the silly little accordion pipe..

whats the deal w the PTC on me7? Tom just totally eliminated it and car is fine, passed echeck and no cel. 

TCV has nipple #3 going to atmosphere as well..

And the line from evap solenoid to post MAF fresh air is just blocked.

and it all seems to work..

​perfect

• Upvote 1

Mike, Stock airbox, gut all the sound deadening from the inside, K&N drop in and you'll be golden ponyboy

• Upvote 2