Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

yeah, because everyone knows e36 with the old inline 6cyl are so terribly unreliable...

What number radiator are you on?! :P

• Upvote 1

yeah, because everyone knows e36 with the old inline 6cyl are so terribly unreliable...

Church, I only parted mine because a Georgia State Trooper ripped it aprart

I need new wipers for mine!!  Where did you get yours??

I used to buy a single 20" replacement wiper blade and cut it to length to install in the OE wiper assembly.

who would use a stock radiator?

A Volvo owner. :(

Edited by fivex84
  • Upvote 2

I have a VPL Racing radiator.. All welded aluminum. The big issue w cooling on the E36 was the plastic thermostat housing (long gone) and the plastic waterpump impeller. Been replaced with a Stewart WP. 

Jeez that's scary looking! 

Last night I finished replacing my cylinder head and started it up. No leaks so far

7EA1ED09-9E14-4227-AF7E-460FC901CFFD_zps

• Upvote 2

Suspension overhaul for my S60R. Yesterday I assembled the new 4c shocks and struts with some spare S60R springs to cut down on the install time.

Parts are ready to go on once I get the fuel new fuel lines installed on the S70 and can finally get it off jack stands and out of the garage.

IMG_6562%20copy_zpsga9ie63q.jpg

Jeez that's scary looking! 

Last night I finished replacing my cylinder head and started it up. No leaks so far

7EA1ED09-9E14-4227-AF7E-460FC901CFFD_zps

Maybe it's not leaking cause there's no coolant in it. :P

• Upvote 2

Maybe it's not leaking cause there's no coolant in it. :P

Cooling system is filled with distilled water :P I want to flush the system out a few times before going back to my typical OE 50/50 mix

Cooling system is filled with distilled water :P I want to flush the system out a few times before going back to my typical OE 50/50 mix

Or just wait for it to leak and top it up with straight coolant til you get the color right :lol: I'm doing the opposite at the moment, since it's hot as balls and I think the mix was a bit coolant heavy from prior owner buying straight coolant for top ups.

Oh, almost forgot, replaced the rusty old pos, possibly original, wipers with some bosch icons... and it rained right after I put them on, so much better.

First real work on the C70 in a couple of years! Flushing out the coolant system, installing a new coolant reservoir and replacing all the related hoses. 

19306085686_429c123395_b.jpgVolvo by Logan Abner, on Flickr

• Upvote 1

Or just wait for it to leak and top it up with straight coolant til you get the color right :lol: I'm doing the opposite at the moment, since it's hot as balls and I think the mix was a bit coolant heavy from prior owner buying straight coolant for top ups.

Oh, almost forgot, replaced the rusty old pos, possibly original, wipers with some bosch icons... and it rained right after I put them on, so much better.

icons are great wipers.