Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

sprayed all of my white UR braces with rubber undercoating... except the trunk brace.

Kinda pumped to see how they improve the cars handling. I probably won't know because they are going in with 50 other suspension upgrades.

• Upvote 1

R is fixed and driving. So I washed and waxed it today. I know, rare occurrence. 

Should be good for another 5 years. Good on you.

• Upvote 3

Fixed my broken transmission mount bolt. 

Pulled the strut, rotor, and knuckle out to give me space. Then took the transmission mount out

B188EA2E-F46D-4807-A06E-28C9511E521A_zps

Instead of attempting to heli-coil the transmission casing and risk this happening again, I drilled straight through the back of the bolt boss on the trans so I could install a through-bolt. Add a lock-nut on the outside and if it ever breaks again, I just push the broken bolt out and put a new one in. 

53A5103B-EE0A-4A4B-A433-D46F33F252E6_zps

• Upvote 3

Time to swap wheels around again. The 205/45 on the Neptunes are too skinny, going with 225/45 tomorrow, same size as the Saab wheels on the VR.20150928_155805.thumb.jpg.122069f8f6dd17

20150928_155812.jpg

• Upvote 2

12042923_958205460889549_241913986360646

Laugh now, I'll have some bigger tires on it tomorrow.  No monster truck, but this stuff looks terrible!  Even my son is hiding his face!

Time to swap wheels around again. The 205/45 on the Neptunes are too skinny, going with 225/45 tomorrow, same size as the Saab wheels on the VR.

Those Saab wheels look awesome in your R!!

• Upvote 1

12042923_958205460889549_241913986360646

Laugh now, I'll have some bigger tires on it tomorrow.  No monster truck, but this stuff looks terrible!  Even my son is hiding his face!

What're you doing with the tires? If you have no use for them I wouldn't mind grabbing them. 17's yes?

What're you doing with the tires? If you have no use for them I wouldn't mind grabbing them. 17's yes?

Tires are junk.  Both rear tires have cracks on the sidewall and don't really hold air.  Front are so-so and hold air, but also show cracks. 

Tires are junk.  Both rear tires have cracks on the sidewall and don't really hold air.  Front are so-so and hold air, but also show cracks. 

got it. Thanks! 

Had to have the local dealer do the rear camber bushings. Couldn't work under that car for 2+ hours in 110-120 F heat in the garage.

Local dealer rocks.

Found a portable AC unit for that oven of a garage.

2 wins.

• Upvote 1