scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

spent all weekend on the yellow's paint, holy smokes it looks better. I'll post pics here shortly 

A1B4F9EF-2B6B-4A72-84BA-02F6F9167803_zps

4DF5413D-96CC-4991-864C-C6DDB98DC6EE_zps

5BE6C287-65CF-4C4B-B2AD-BF6B6A3A1161_zps

left side shows how faded the paint was, looks 1000000% better now 

Edited by Kevin.
  • Upvote 4

Washed the R this weekend :)

Drove it a few miles.

Used two size -113 O-rings on the Stock Oil Return at the oil pan instead of the molded orange oem seal and I think that has fixed my petty leak! 

Plugs, did an oil change yesterday. Now to deal with that turbo.....

Transformed a free JY exhaust 

IMG_0362_zpshmnvndqh.jpg

IMG_0364_zpsccwkyxqx.jpg

I'm painting it hi temp black tomorrow and leaving 6" of the tips buffed steel

Drivers side is a dummy. but it looks better than a stupid muffler with no tip and a falling off "blanking plate"

Cost me $8

My other exhaust has a big A$$ hole in it and sounds like crap plus the tip fell off 2 weeks ago and it looks terrible

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Upvote 4

New tires so that I don't have to swap over to the Winter wheels too soon. Trying out the new version of the ContiDWS.  Plugs, rotor, cap, wires.  Then pads and rotors on all four corners.  Oil change and replaced the oil plug with a magnetic one.

On October 26, 2015 at 3:38:44 PM, Kevin. said:

spent all weekend on the yellow's paint, holy smokes it looks better. I'll post pics here shortly 

A1B4F9EF-2B6B-4A72-84BA-02F6F9167803_zps

4DF5413D-96CC-4991-864C-C6DDB98DC6EE_zps

5BE6C287-65CF-4C4B-B2AD-BF6B6A3A1161_zps

left side shows how faded the paint was, looks 1000000% better now 

What all did you do Kevin?

48 minutes ago, Burn-E said:

New tires so that I don't have to swap over to the Winter wheels too soon. Trying out the new version of the ContiDWS.  Plugs, rotor, cap, wires.  Then pads and rotors on all four corners.  Oil change and replaced the oil plug with a magnetic one.

I liked mine but they wore out quickly. Granted, I like to test the limit of my tires around corner but still, I expected more than 10K-12K miles out of them.

28 minutes ago, Modman said:

What all did you do Kevin?

wash and clay to remove a large amount of oxidation. Then removed the door trim and handles and buffed the oxidation off. Polish then wax, used Griot's Garage products.

unfortunately the car does have clear on it in spots and it's peeling and faded, so I feathered the buffer to help smooth out the flaking in areas. It's all one color (95% of it is!) and it looks fantastic! Getting put away for winter here very shortly and the C30 will become the wife's winter car 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kevin. said:

wash and clay to remove a large amount of oxidation. Then removed the door trim and handles and buffed the oxidation off. Polish then wax, used Griot's Garage products.

unfortunately the car does have clear on it in spots and it's peeling and faded, so I feathered the buffer to help smooth out the flaking in areas. It's all one color (95% of it is!) and it looks fantastic! Getting put away for winter here very shortly and the C30 will become the wife's winter car 

Man I know that shit took some time. When I was younger (I'm 30 lol) I would go all out on my cars. Claybar, sealer, glaze, ect, I don't think I have the patience anymore for that lol. I take my cars to detail places now. I haven't washed a car on my own in about 10 years

Just now, Modman said:

Man I know that shit took some time. When I was younger (I'm 30 lol) I would go all out on my cars. Claybar, sealer, glaze, ect, I don't think I have the patience anymore for that lol. I take my cars to detail places now. I haven't washed a car on my own in about 10 years

it took me 2 full days to clean the paint, it was HORRIBLE. Full clay took nearly 4 hours. Very worth it, and the results show it 

Seal the paint, use a good glaze and you should be good for a while. You can then wax right over it for the shine and extra protection. Single stage sucks but if you take care of it, it's easy to maintain. You've done the hardest bit. Contact Finn (Val) for details, he is a detailing genius.

Finn is a detailing genius? I have never seen him post about that stuff or haven't paid enough attention lately haha

Lemme knock him down first before I pay compliments; I have seen his cars at shows and would have never thought he was into detailing. Now for the compliments... the site looks great, the market seems to be there these days, and he seems highly motivated! Good for him! Go get em Val!

Concerning Val and his cars.  It's possible the cobblers children have no shoes...

• Upvote 1