scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

5 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

SOLD IT

Drove the R in the pouring rain to work today. First time this car has seen rain in a long time :(

You better do a FULL detail as soon as you get home. 

• Upvote 2

oh I will - while crying that it got wet and dirty :(

3 hours ago, Ghost Shadow said:

Sienna? We no need no stinking Sienna LOL, those were FWD only before current generation and front engine. 

This is a Previa aka OleGG, a Mid-engined super charged, all wheel drive 165hp BEAST LoL!

Is there a interest in wanting to know what this is LOL.

I might have to do a FMIC since the intercooler is below the drivers headlight

Haha! Forgive my ignorance! I just did a knowledge gorge on Previas and I had no idea about the super chargers, all wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or funky engine placement! To say the least, I'm intrigued. If my wife insists on a minivan this is what I will find her!

Yes, let's see what you work out for an intercooler. I demand a build thread! 

• Upvote 2

Lol Bob. 

I don't know how my fellow VSers would like that on here. I'm turning it into a unique vehicle for sure. Might as well have fun with a vehicle while I'm at it! 

Going to put a bunch of off road lighting on it today, along with a second battery, and power inverter.for the long trips with the kiddies back up to the north east. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghost Shadow said:

Lol Bob. 

I don't know how my fellow VSers would like that on here. I'm turning it into a unique vehicle for sure. Might as well have fun with a vehicle while I'm at it! 

Going to put a bunch of off road lighting on it today, along with a second battery, and power inverter.for the long trips with the kiddies back up to the north east. 

Definitely post the details on here, I for one will love it.

Where di you guys end up ? Your neighborhood looks identical to my sister's neighborhood in Cumming. Did you get a hold of Steve yet ? Storms have ruined one of his rental units and some storage unit he had. He's not having a great week.

7 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

SOLD IT

Drove the R in the pouring rain to work today. First time this car has seen rain in a long time :(

I was to plus you and neg you at the same time

Another vote for a lifted/boosted van build thread :laugh:

22 hours ago, Ghost Shadow said:

I'm all about funky capable vehicles. I have been wanting to lift and outfit a V70XC for a long time, you know, because Volvo. But it just doesn't seem practical at the moment, if ever. I'm gonna let our QX4 satisfy my adventure needs for the moment, it's a good vehicle. Your 4Runner looks awesome too btw.

If you keep the Previa progress off VolvoSpeed maybe I can check up on it in person as we're both in Atlanta. I'd love to see it! 

Edited by bob82pigdog
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost Shadow said:

Bob, i did that too with my 99 xc70 in 2010. We should catch up one of these days. 

Ohh yes. I know that car. It was my original inspiration! I was hoping to go even further by adding a spacer lift and cutting the fenders up a bit to get some substantial rubber to fit. As much as I wanted to do that build, and I reallly wanted to, it just made more sense for us to own an actual 4WD.

Absolutely we should. I wouldn't mind seeing your C70 in person, too!

gosh I need an alignment so bad but the only folks that do it well in my area are the dealership and I don't want to take my car to them lol

• Upvote 1

I'm waiting until we get our wheels greg. Why don't you want to take it to the dealer? price?

Decided to take the M3 in a different direction now that I have the R. Since the V70 has become a pretty decent daily driver albeit a slushy kinda slow one..

i pulled the whole audio system (Focal/JL/Nakamichi) to sell. 

Un-tinted the Windows..

Moved the gauges to the din opening where the hu was..

all in advance prep for something along the lines of a LTW or GT3.. 

Not a gutted race car but not a full ammenitied street car either. 

Bascially a track-day/ auto cross but still street legal toy for lack of a better term. 

• Upvote 1