Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Just now, matt b said:

Has the hood vent made a significant difference ? I have issues with engine bay temps here in the summer and I need to install a discreet way to vent the engine bay during the warmer months.

"Probably not" is the answer, but I can say that the heat "chimneys" out of it like crazy when stopped. And although its (lack of) flow properties have been well discussed, I can't help but think the size of the vent  allows the heat to dissipate more quickly from under the hood. You could find something more discrete, though... people either love or hate that vent.  ;)

Cool, thanks! I love the car, but I don't think I can get away with something that big on the wagon.

On topic: finished up installing the new turbo and angle gear, buttoned everything up and test drove it. Socks were not blown off on test drive but I also did not REALLY give it the beans. Will wait until I've done a few drive cycles to decide whether I like the power level.

Matt,

Have you tried trimming the cowl seal?

You might also benefit from a turbo blanket and/or wrapping the downpipe to keep the heat radiating off the exhaust down to a minimum. 

3 hours ago, Black Betty said:

Matt,

Have you tried trimming the cowl seal?

You might also benefit from a turbo blanket and/or wrapping the downpipe to keep the heat radiating off the exhaust down to a minimum. 

A wrap would be a good fix. The car doesn't see much rain and won't see snow again so it would be all benefits. I'll try to get to it soon.

Looked at it... sitting beside the garage needing a turbo and a head. I need to get it fixed, the Saab is so boring. After the holidays...

9 hours ago, matt b said:

A wrap would be a good fix. 

OHHH Yes!

I'd do wood grain.. Faux carbon is so played out..

Woodgrain downpipe...mmmm

• Upvote 1

I'd rock a camo downpipe before I'd rock a woodgrain one. Just saying. Invinsible downpipe FTW.

On topic, lots: gave the wagon the beans, numerous times. Fun, fun times. Loving this car on the IPD set up. Also started assembling the front end of the Amazon. Many parts were pulled to finish another car in the spring. It goes to paint as soon as it is ready to drive. (Friday ?)

• Upvote 1

Not today, but Saturday

Rear trailing arm bushings Delta links were fine so they will wait a little longer.

qVS14nF.jpg

Put the new wheels on and washed it.

today im going to bite the bullet and finally put my R bumper on.

oh and flip the half shims around that i put in wrong, the rear brakes are squealing like a pig under hard braking. 

Yesterday: washed it, parked it. I want to wetsand + polish some minor flaws in the paint and might do that Monday or Tuesday if I can find the time.

Replaced the heater core and o-rings with a behr unit.  It seems to be leak free now. I still need to get all the windows back to normal...Also I found water under the passenger side back seat...time to check the sunroof drains? 

• Upvote 1

Hey, it's confirmation that it's working. That's great!

• Upvote 1

brand new headlight for the C30, god damn I can see it's a miracle!

side note halogen P1 headlights suck donkey balls