Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

3 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Just did emissions for it and passed. As I pull it into the stall for it to be done, every single mech in the shop turns their head and stares at my car. lol :laugh:

Now the fun stuff can begin. :biggrin:

Is the IPD exhaust on yet?

3 minutes ago, MattyXXL said:

Is the IPD exhaust on yet?

My father and I are gonna install it tomorrow, along with the Japanifold, angled 16T, and Snabb intake I have in storage. Once I get home from work tonight, I'm gonna prepare it... so soak the bolts and nuts in WD40, and remove small things like the heatshield, airbox, coolant, etc.

So stoked to start working on it! How long do you think it will take to complete everything roughly?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

My father and I are gonna install it tomorrow, along with the Japanifold, angled 16T, and Snabb intake I have in storage. Once I get home from work tonight, I'm gonna prepare it... so soak the bolts and nuts in WD40, and remove small things like the heatshield, coolant, etc.

So stoked to start working on it! How long do you think it will take to complete everything roughly?

The japanifold is the hardest out of the bunch. 

Your small so you can get under the car so it shouldn't be too bad.  Maybe ~4 hours 

The exhaust fits together so well.

But you are going to love the sound. The gurgle of the japanifold is lovely but when you open the IPD exhaust at wot from 3k on its so loud and awesome 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MattyXXL said:

The japanifold is the hardest out of the bunch. 

Your small so you can get under the car so it shouldn't be too bad.  Maybe ~4 hours 

The exhaust fits together so well.

But you are going to love the sound. The gurgle of the japanifold is lovely but when you open the IPD exhaust at wot from 3k on its so loud and awesome 

Well you've got me even more excited now... I need to get out of the office and get home to start working on it already. hahaha

I had a feeling the manifold would be the most difficult. When I pulled it off the S60 at the junkyard, the engine was out of the car so it was easy for me to access. I've never pulled it off while the engine is in the car before. Silly question but... I'm assuming I'd have to take the turbo off first eh? (I can't remember what it looks like from under the car................ which is kinda sad I guess bc I was just under the S70 a few days ago. :laugh:)

54 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

Well you've got me even more excited now... I need to get out of the office and get home to start working on it already. hahaha

I had a feeling the manifold would be the most difficult. When I pulled it off the S60 at the junkyard, the engine was out of the car so it was easy for me to access. I've never pulled it off while the engine is in the car before. Silly question but... I'm assuming I'd have to take the turbo off first eh? (I can't remember what it looks like from under the car................ which is kinda sad I guess bc I was just under the S70 a few days ago. :laugh:)

You don't really need to pull the turbo off first but it's so much easier. That thing plus the turbo is super heavy and awkward. 

• Upvote 1

Alignment is done..

loving it so far. 

-4* camber and 0 toe in front.

-3.5* camber and .10 toe rear.

cant wait to try it on the track.

• Upvote 1

Added a Racing Beat Sway bar (27mm) and new beefy end links to my '07 AWD T5 MT S40!

Sway bars.JPG

Sway is In.JPG

Father and I just finished installing the Japanifold, angled flange, and 3" IPD turboback. Stuck with the 15G because I'm silly and didn't realize the 16T I got out of the S60 T5 had a slightly different location for one of the lines.

Oh man it sounds so awesome now. I LOVE IT. :biggrin:

edit: Mat you weren't kidding about the fitment of the IPD exhaust. It fit so well and super easy and quick to install!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RBoy8 said:

Father and I just finished installing the Japanifold, angled flange, and 3" IPD turboback. Stuck with the 15G because I'm silly 

For the people that don't know, your dad is ultra OG.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, flyfishing3 said:

For the people that don't know, your dad is ultra OG.   

Highlight of today was hearing my dad tell me "okay, I guess working on cars can be pretty fun". :smile:

8 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Highlight of today was hearing my dad tell me "okay, I guess working on cars can be pretty fun". :smile:

I bet it was only fun cause you where there. I just did that job, well Alan did a lot of it and it was not fun for us at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MattyXXL said:

I bet it was only fun cause you where there. I just did that job, well Alan did a lot of it and it was not fun for us at all. 

Oh stahp. :wub:

But yeah, I guess I'm handy to have around... I can squeeze into those small areas easily. I guess that's the reason why we make such a great team haha. He's the brains and muscle, and I'm the one who slips and bends into the tight spaces.

92E44B11-258D-4262-B99B-56C714ED6E93_zps

I spent last weekend pulling and prepping the motor from the 97 R for my car. Should have the motor and trans on the subframe this weekend so I can start pulling the motor and trans from my car, might do the ABS pump and calipers too. 

long shot, but is anyone here interested in probably the best shifting automatic 850 trans I've ever driven? It was in my wifes 1997 850R and it was absolutely perfect, has new seals and fluid and I'd rather someone on here snag it 

• Upvote 1