What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

11 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Went full retard removing the coolant return line, coolant everywhere from not draining enough.

New line in place, with no coolant leaks and I replaced my torn center exhaust hanger as well.

Then I put dye in my oil, took it for a trip around the block and found that the oil pan gasket is my oil leak...

LMAO!!! ^^^

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Went full retard removing the coolant return line, coolant everywhere from not draining enough.

New line in place, with no coolant leaks and I replaced my torn center exhaust hanger as well.

Then I put dye in my oil, took it for a trip around the block and found that the oil pan gasket is my oil leak...

5 hours ago, andyb5 said:

Shitty. Thats a tedious job, good luck. At least you found the problem 

If you're going to have to remove your oil pan anyways, would upgrading to the newer pan and getting rid of the oil cooler lines be worth it?

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

If you're going to have to remove your oil pan anyways, would upgrading to the newer pan and getting rid of the oil cooler lines be worth it?

In my opinion that's always worth it. The pan with the cooler is a much better design, baffled too in most cases IIRC. Just a pain in the Buttocks because you have to swap the water pipe also

Edited by woah4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RBoy8 said:

The newer pan is definitely a good improvement but is it worth it? I'm not sure. It's a ton of work to remove the water pipe along the back of the motor, especially on an AWD car. 

32 minutes ago, woah4 said:

In my opinion that's always worth it. The pan with the cooler is a much better design, baffled too in most cases IIRC. Just a pain in the Buttocks because you have to swap the water pipe also

As far as I know, only the P2 R pans are baffled 

• Upvote 2

Yesterday: made an O2 sensor spacer out of two spark plug non-foulers and so far so good! Fingers crossed that stays that way.

Today: Sachs front struts, Sachs spring seats, new strut bearings, Lemforder control arms and endlinks for the yellow. While I did that, my dad helped me install Meyle HD control arms and the struts from my yellow into my S70 (the S's struts were the ones that were shot). They both ride SO MUCH better now. My jaw dropped when I took my yellow out for a spin... it's been so long since I've felt the handling that tight. lol

Also an update with the IPD HD TCV. I'm actually quite liking it! Seems to control boost well and hold smoothly. No erratic spikes or overboosting. I made sure to follow the suggested learning processes closely too.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

How many different threads are you going to post that in? Shit.

Ummm two?  I thought you went to college?  You have 8 fingers.  You kids need to try harder.

• Upvote 1