What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

18 hours ago, Ol' Dirty Noodle said:

I'm going back to an e36 M3

One of the guys I know at RPI just picked up a minty white E36 M3 sedan from California. God that thing is nice.

3 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

stage 1 on the gti

WOAH

You're never gonna drive the R now :laugh: 

36 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Whos? 

Mine :) well technically I only own half of it. VW NA still owns the other half.

still deciding on tint...

18 minutes ago, andyb5 said:

One of the guys I know at RPI just picked up a minty white E36 M3 sedan from California. God that thing is nice.

You're never gonna drive the R now :laugh: 

the r is still way cooler and it makes people's necks snap lol

yeah I should have know/figured that what was you were asking.

I went with Burger Tuning/Motorsport. The JB1 unit. It's probably the most popular thing to hit VW in the last year... It's a piggy back, and undetectable. Its a not quite as much as a stage 1 tune... but I am VERY happy with it. I can log and change parameters with it on the laptop...

Part of me wants a newer "performance" oriented car like that because the tuning options nowadays are so much better and user friendly than the older systems like our M4.4.

On topic: Hit 146k miles on the C70 and 80k miles on the XC90 yesterday. I think the greens I installed in the C70 are dirty, so sending them out locally to get them cleaned while I'm in CO this week.

3 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

yeah I should have know/figured that what was you were asking.

I went with Burger Tuning/Motorsport. The JB1 unit. It's probably the most popular thing to hit VW in the last year... It's a piggy back, and undetectable. Its a not quite as much as a stage 1 tune... but I am VERY happy with it. I can log and change parameters with it on the laptop...

Cool. Don't know much about them but what I've heard people like em. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah they are HUGE with the BMW scene. The N54 and N55 motors especially. The customer service is top notch, the power is there and VERY noticeable with tons of dynos and 1/4 times. The quality of the unit is great too.

On 8/29/2016 at 2:44 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

The pcv on my M3 w the supercharger is a joke. Takes like 2 minutes including opening the hood and a beer.

you should be able to find a LSD rearend off an M3 for that, just swap rear ends don't buy just a LSD. Rear end swaps are so easy (loosen driveshaft, axles, and 3 bolts on the carrier) 

Hardest part was connecting the tubes while the CCV was bolted under the manifold. Took a long while to get them fully seated.

A while ago I researched the M3 rear swap and I'd need a lot more than just the diff. I believe it was the entire subframe, axles, suspension, custom driveshaft (or 6 speed swap). Plus I'd go from 2.93 to 3.62. Much easier to just shell out $1200 and get an LSD in the right gearing

18 hours ago, Black Betty said:

Hardest part was connecting the tubes while the CCV was bolted under the manifold. Took a long while to get them fully seated.

A while ago I researched the M3 rear swap and I'd need a lot more than just the diff. I believe it was the entire subframe, axles, suspension, custom driveshaft (or 6 speed swap). Plus I'd go from 2.93 to 3.62. Much easier to just shell out $1200 and get an LSD in the right gearing

Wait, I was thinking you had an e46 for some reason. 

You have an e90 or 92 don't you?

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Wait, I was thinking you had an e46 for some reason. 

You have an e90 or 92 don't you?

Nope. it's an E46, 330i, 5 speed. Still the E46 M3 diff swap entails a lot of other components to swap. Since I'm 5spd. I'd need a custom driveshaft or 6 speed swap.

I really don't plan on doing much to it. It's a perfect beater DD. The sport pack and premium pack gives me all the handling/comfort I need. It could be better but I'd rather put that money towards the next car or something for the house. My plan from the beginning was just to get a fun DD, fix what's needed, and run it hard until it dies.

This car might have hooked me to BMW's though. I'd love a Z4M coupe or E91 (wagon) rwd, and manual. 

2aNLQZ9.jpg