Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Your DP issue is what pushed me into building my own DP about a year ago. I was heading home one night, turned a corner and all of a sudden I had wide open exhaust, my stock DP busted completely off the flange.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, mattsk8 said:

Your DP issue is what pushed me into building my own DP about a year ago. I was heading home one night, turned a corner and all of a sudden I had wide open exhaust, my stock DP busted completely off the flange.

Weird, I've never heard of that happening before but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. This leak is weird, it definitely leaks badly sometimes but not all the time.

I wish I had the ability to make my own 3" downpipe like you did; but I don't right now so I'll have to fix this one and see what I can do about in the future.

42 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

I LOVE DP

Totally gonna add this to my sig when I'm not on mobile :laugh: 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, andyb5 said:

Weird, I've never heard of that happening before but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. This leak is weird, it definitely leaks badly sometimes but not all the time.

I wish I had the ability to make my own 3" downpipe like you did; but I don't right now so I'll have to fix this one and see what I can do about in the future.

Was odd, broke right at the flange. IIRC, I noticed my transmission mount had broke right after I fixed it, so I'm guessing the engine rocking is what did mine in. Obviously I fixed that too.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, mattsk8 said:

Was odd, broke right at the flange. IIRC, I noticed my transmission mount had broke right after I fixed it, so I'm guessing the engine rocking is what did mine in. Obviously I fixed that too.

Interesting. I'll have to inspect all of my motor mounts tonight. 

Took the downpipe out last night, weld on the flange is busted about 3/4 the way around, but still enough there to hold the flange in place. One of the local hot rod shops is going to weld it up for me, I'm pretty excited. 

C6DACD15-5E5C-42FA-BE4D-17C8EE837F32_zps

I have a pin hole in mine that im going to touch up soon

in other new.... I DROVE THE R TO WORK today. It was glorious. Got a thumbs up from a dude in a black Ferrari California.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

I have a pin hole in mine that im going to touch up soon

in other new.... I DROVE THE R TO WORK today. It was glorious. Got a thumbs up from a dude in a black Ferrari California.

How did you drive it without a steering wheel?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, B850 said:

How did you drive it without a steering wheel?

I've been meaning to ask what happened with that. Did they fix the issues?

lol I have a steering wheel brad... I gave you a 960 wheel to wrap... I have kept all of my original stuff on the car :)

Adam, they supposedly fixed the stitching that looked like my teeth back in middle school but I haven't picked it up from brad yet. honestly, I will probably sell it and get someone else to do it but we will see. redline kinda dicked us over on all that but my lack of urgency responding or demanding anything out of them has yielded no results/refund...

And it's all fixed :smile: I owe a huge thank you to Jeremy at 1945 Speed and Custom here in Troy for taking care of my issue on extremely short notice!

A3D3E687-31C1-4C11-BA0F-7BF08DB73DF3_zps

• Upvote 3

Not today specifically but within the past 30 days: DS axle (not really sure what happened there, may have been some issues with a prior axle install), fuel pump and sending unit and clutch. Also replaced the 4C delete resistors, since the AZ summers aren't kind to them in the engine bay.

Doing clutch, 2 motor mounts, front brake lines (yaayy NY winters...), pads and rotors up front and re-sealing my angle gear. Collar on AG is also getting replaced. 

• Upvote 2

Got the motor buttoned up last weekend. Ran into an issue with the Kinugawa cartridge where the coolant pipe bolts to it on the firewall side of the turbo. The Kinugawa cartridge has a bolt that plugs the lower coolant port, whereas the stock cartridge has a freeze plug; when I bolted the coolant pipe to the Kinugawa, it hits the bolt on the cartridge just before it'll seat, so it leaked. I had to get creative with some new plumbing, but I made it work and it's all leak free now. Drove it to work this morning for the first time in over a year. Seems to run great so far, but I'm babying it for now. My ETS light came on for some reason, but it runs excellent... hoping it's just because it sat for a year and that it'll go off after a tank or 2 of gas runs through it. It's a Xemodex ETM which is lifetime, so worst case I'll send it back to them. I also hear my left front wheel bearing starting to sing a little, which isn't shocking considering it sat for a year. Put that on the to-do list.

Photo:

• Upvote 1

Ugh - we've all had that issue with the Kinuhawa chra's 

• Upvote 2

Started the 850 finally today, we got a new dog and I hadnt touched it since dropping  the rn motor in for a month or so, a lil anti climactic, anyways, had no spark and ended up having to swap the bracket for the crank sensor tonight to the old style ,  what a fun time that was.   oh well she runs now, hopefully another update soon :)

Re-Gapped the plugs in the M3 and drove it because it's still nice out here. 

Ran ok. New plugs on order.