Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

over last week or so, swapped tinted windows from paRts car into 850, installed meyle hd control arms, sway links, tie rod ends ...  swapped/cleaned throttle body with new gasket and arm (fixed CEL), just need to run it through emissions now and go get the rear tinted and new tires installed...  I think I will try and fit the EST dual exhaust I have to my wagon and put the super sprint on the 850 at some point also ...  I have more suspension goodies, TME + Koni yellow for front, eibach + bilstein hd for rear, but I may hold off on lowering until spring... 

AB2JaWw.jpg

Still haven't washed it in three years!!  should probably get some wax on there soon and treat the trim..

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, phunktified said:

over last week or so, swapped tinted windows from paRts car into 850, installed meyle hd control arms, sway links, tie rod ends ...  swapped/cleaned throttle body with new gasket and arm (fixed CEL), just need to run it through emissions now and go get the rear tinted and new tires installed...  I think I will try and fit the EST dual exhaust I have to my wagon and put the super sprint on the 850 at some point also ...  I have more suspension goodies, TME + Koni yellow for front, eibach + bilstein hd for rear, but I may hold off on lowering until spring... 

Still haven't washed it in three years!!  should probably get some wax on there soon and treat the trim..

That looks so good!

Back in 05 my brother made a Carputer. He molded a touch screen to the stereo surround in ordered to retain the stock mounting. It's a bad picture but you can barely make out the little spring loaded handles. It looked awesome in person and worked very well. I miss it, but what I don't miss is that old dash flopping around. It was solid while he had it, but after a few years the lack of support down there started to make itself known. I wish I had more pictures of it while the car wasn't half apart.

IMG_0307_zps922d7f9c.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2016 at 3:32 PM, RBoy8 said:

That looks so good!

thanks! 

got the tint job completed today and also got it fully registered,  might be swapping to perfo's for the winter...

Right front strut, both lower control arms and balljoints, swapped to the spindles from my XC (the ones from my awd were heavily corroded) a couple light bulbs, all the wipers, and swapped to my snows. Not a fun time lol.

4CC5A17B-A1B9-411B-ACA8-10BC9C7915A2_zps

743AE82B-5A6A-47B0-AFF4-673678B42F6E_zps

I ckeared the snow off it and decided it's time to put the coupe in storage.

Digging what you're doing with this one. Looks good. :tup:

1 hour ago, matt b said:

Digging what you're doing with this one. Looks good. :tup:

thanks!  I'm having a weird issue fitting mudflaps cuz of the front end swap, I guess I could just leave them off..  I either need to put the XC sideskirts on or paint some x70 ones red I guess... I think I'd prefer the latter .. I think I could make the 850 ones work still but one of mine is MIA ! 

more 850 stuff today - new oem plugs, wires, cap, rotor and air filter.   did fuel filter a few weeks ago already, about to go back in the garage and do both front wheel bearings, also just applied first coat of liquid electrical tape to the abs pump wires, I thought they only needed to be touched up in one spot but the whole sheathing basically disintegrated in my hand!

I started my T-5R for the first time since November 11.  It felt good.  I was going to take it for a ride around the neighborhood to see if I notice a difference with the new plugs, but the trip computer said I had ---- miles → 0 and decided that running out of gas at 19° would be even less fun than spending 4 hours changing my spark plugs at 28°.......so I came back in and got on VS instead lol.

Pretty sure I found my coolant leak!!! My overflow tank has a hairline crack in it that runs above and below where the 2 halves are glued together. I'll order a new one and a new cap as well. Still can't upload pics from my phone or I'd post a pic of it.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, mattsk8 said:

Still can't upload pics from my phone or I'd post a pic of it.

Spare us the funhouse mirror pics please

• Upvote 1