Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

shitty car week but I managed to take the bend out of my flexplate and clear my crank sensor code ... aye aye aye.. . running fine again and no sign of the culprit....  

Yesterday I replaced my driver's wheel bearing, car is now quiet through all the corners. Today I dropped it off at Belle Tire for the 3rd time so they can try to get the shimmy out of it. He tried playing it off like it was something with the car... unfortunately for the dumbass I still have my original tires and wheels, and those are perfectly smooth. Then he tried telling me they're probably just the wrong wheels for the car... and if that's the story he wants to go with they can go ahead and refund my money and I'll get some wheels from someone that has a clue about what they're doing. Man these places piss me off, I have no idea how people that don't know cars survive when they're at the mercy of idiots, cheats and thieves like the place I bought my wheels from.

This gets better... they just called me because my "rear wheels are locked up", so that must be my vibration... they had the f'ing parking brake set.

Edited by mattsk8

Just changed the expansion tank and hoses. Also, picked the car up from Belle Tire earlier today and the thing is silky smooth. Not sure what those morons were trying to prove with all the BS in the beginning, since it obviously was a balance issue and simply wasn't balanced right the first time. Which is kind of mind boggling because I'm pretty sure you could literally train a monkey to use one of the new balancing machines.

17 minutes ago, mattsk8 said:

could literally train a monkey to use one of the new balancing machines.

True. Timo's been using them for a while

monkey+on+car.jpg

• Upvote 7

tire rotation, checked to make sure AWD was functioning properly. Bought new tires. Will do oil change and some minor little repairs tomorrow.

Amazon goes in for final check up tomorrow, will be listed soon.

Other Amazon should be out of paint late next week.

• Upvote 2

Working on peeling the Plastidip off the spoiler I bought. I hate this stuff

2A616215-B24E-4910-BEB5-96AA6D458641_zps

tore apart this XC I picked up and did PCV job, pulled leaky RAD, I/C, replaced a cam seal (ordered more), changed a few engine mounts, cabin filter... yanked all the SAS junk out... PCV had obviously been an issue awhile, top of the bay had been cleaned but a greasy mess down below, spent awhile cleaning that up...   On the plus side, working AWD, working AC, clean interior,no rust and it came with a brand new battery ..... oh and its a volvo.

• Upvote 1

Putting my navigation in. Does anyone know which wire at the instrument cluster is the speed sensor wire? I need to tap a wire from my nav unit into it.

Changed the spark plugs this morning.

This past week I finally got the last oil leak fixed.  There was a nick in the metal of the sealing ring of the oil pump; right where the o-ring sits.  It wouldn't leak at idle, so that was a hard one to track down.

Also got a new custom exhaust installed.

• Upvote 3

Got my stereo installed. I need to make a better trim for around the stereo, but for now it'll do. Also got my amps and subs in... ended up using Alpine 6.5" coax front and rear, and JL Audio 12w3 subs. Need to think about whether or not I want to upgrade the Alpines. My old MB Quarts must have picked up a stray metal shaving while it was sitting around, because one of the voice coils in them is scraping a little and I know it was fine when I put it on the shelf in my garage years ago. I know a guy that can fix it, but I'm not sure if I care.

This Eclipse head unit is like 10 years old, and didn't have Bluetooth, but it did have an aux input. So I picked up a JL Audio MBT-RX BT receiver, and it works really well. My phone automatically connects to it when I get in the car, and disconnects when the car is off. Sounds good too, I'm impressed.

Does anyone know where I can find the speed pulse wire that feeds the speedo in the instrument cluster? I don't "need" to use it, but the navigation is a lot smoother if I have that hooked to it. I searched and all I can find are problems with the speed sensors on Volvos at the wheels.

upload_-1(19).jpg

• Upvote 2

Not a biggie, but installed a fresh CO driveshaft in the wagon yesterday.  Woo hoo, so far so good, I missed the awd on this puppy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mattsk8 said:

[...]

Does anyone know where I can find the speed pulse wire that feeds the speedo in the instrument cluster? I don't "need" to use it, but the navigation is a lot smoother if I have that hooked to it. I searched and all I can find are problems with the speed sensors on Volvos at the wheels.

The speedometer itself has a connection point that gives a speed signal. To be used when connecting speciality equipment. Requires removal of the instrument cluster and possibly modification of the housing. Supplies a 12 pulse signal.

All X70 have a speed signal wire as part of the radio harness. For use with OEM radios that support the 'ASC' function, e.g. SC800 and 900 series. Pin B7 on the smaller connector.

Edited by Blockpartie
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blockpartie said:

The speedometer itself has a connection point that gives a speed signal. To be used when connecting speciality equipment. Requires removal of the instrument cluster and possibly modification of the housing. Supplies a 12 pulse signal.

All X70 have a speed signal wire as part of the radio harness. For use with OEM radios that support the 'ASC' function, e.g. SC800 and 900 series. Pin B7 on the smaller connector.

"ASC"... automatic sound control... thanks!!! I'll open it back up and take a look.