Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

5 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

awesome! howd you do?

It did ok.  It isn't an autocross car, not mater what you do to it.  You can't get enough tire on it.  Those are 235's and I have rubbing issues with them at full lock, so I will back to 225's when I wear these out.

The car seems slow to me, but that is because I have been driving faster cars.  My times say it isn't that slow.  :)

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Kevin. said:

Greg check the throttle body linkage, I would replace the little arm if you haven't already. Check the TPS and if the cable hasn't been replaced with a manual one, I would do it

Brand new oem linkage, tps, and manual cable :)

When I say I replaced everything at my manual swap, I replaced everything lol.

i was looking for details the other day... is there a thread or site?

Ran a CD drive cleaner CD through the 6 CD changer in my T-5R since it was acting up.  Took about 50 tries to get it to spin up but that seems to have done the trick.

Drove it to work :)

22 miles one way so it got a good run - terrifying going 60mph or higher with the alignment and potential steering rack issues I have for some odd reason. steering wheel just floats back and forth like a boat. (And yes I know its kinda like a boat already - Volvo station wagon jokes)

33 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

22 miles one way so it got a good run - terrifying going 60mph or higher with the alignment and potential steering rack issues I have for some odd reason. steering wheel just floats back and forth like a boat. (And yes I know its kinda like a boat already - Volvo station wagon jokes)

wanna grab a beer after work?

Do I want to? Yes! Can I? No. Got a 9 mile run planned for directly after work then have to sit at an auction the rest of the night bidding on shit for Carly's side business :(

1 hour ago, gmsgltr said:

FWIW my Nautic S70 experienced similar symptoms when I needed to replace my control arms.

9 hours ago, JaredR1 said:

Ran a CD drive cleaner CD through the 6 CD changer in my T-5R since it was acting up.  Took about 50 tries to get it to spin up but that seems to have done the trick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still uses their changer!

I've got an SC-901 and 6-disc changer in my yellow. The red also has an SC-901, so next time I go to the junkyard, I'm hoping to snag another changer.

1 hour ago, Timbo Slice said:

FWIW my Nautic S70 experienced similar symptoms when I needed to replace my control arms.

What was worn on the control arms? Bushings at the frame? My control arms, oem lemforders, aren't too old and obviously don't have many miles on them... they are abused though sitting super low.

50 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still uses their changer!

I've got an SC-901 and 6-disc changer in my yellow. The red also has an SC-901, so next time I go to the junkyard, I'm hoping to snag another changer.

I've got 901s in all of our P80s.  Just added a changer to my red R (with the floor panel! Still need a magazine for it though), and my dad wants to add one to his '99, too.

Even with the Grom, I still love the CD changers.  So nice to just turn it on and not have to screw around with it.  Plus, now that I have the Grom/CD-6 switch working, I've got 15 things I can listen to at the push of a button.  Hard to complain about that!

just wish there was a black sc901 for my 850...