Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Pulled my AWD prop shaft.  Appears to have a borked front CV after only being on for maybe 5K miles?  Contacted Colorado driveshaft, who I purchased it from late last year.  Hoping they warranty their work.

41 minutes ago, Commander Riker said:

Pulled my AWD prop shaft.  Appears to have a borked front CV after only being on for maybe 5K miles?  Contacted Colorado driveshaft, who I purchased it from late last year.  Hoping they warranty their work.

same issue with mine with similar low miles, but way past the short warranty period... 

7 hours ago, Commander Riker said:

They provide full replacement under their 1 year warranty.

I had them replace my driveshaft when it was out of balance right out of the box.

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2017 at 2:24 PM, Timbo Slice said:

New tires on the XC90. Everything feels right again. 

What did you settle on?

Ended up getting a great deal on some Cooper Discoverer SRXs. They came out to just over $700 installed with road hazard and all that good stuff. It's only been a week but I'm already very happy with the decision.

Changed the oil in the Saffron R.

Obama was president the last time it was changed, 3k mi in a year.

Life of a garage queen.

I was sub 1500 a year but oldest is driving now and should crack 5,000 a year now 🙁

On 7/13/2017 at 6:52 AM, Ihatespeedbumps said:

Installed 4 new tires and aligned it myself. There is no greater satisfaction than aligning your car perfectly.

I miss working at Tire shops for this reason. Perfectly balanced tires, and perfectly aligned cars. I'd be happier paying the same price and doing the work myself.

• Upvote 1

Replaced the motor mount under the crank pulley and the one right by the cooling fan, both were broke. Also replaced the negative battery cable. Next up is... passenger control arm, passenger wheel bearing, and all my suspension.

Edited by mattsk8

On 6/28/2017 at 6:51 PM, andyb5 said:

They provide full replacement under their 1 year warranty.

I had them replace my driveshaft when it was out of balance right out of the box.

I had the same issue with mine.  I think their work quality must be slipping because the ones I bought before never had these issues.

To their credit, I was also outside of warranty but they did end up replacing it for me.  That was after when it failed the first time, they sent a grease pack to re-build it, and then 4 months post-rebuild (and not more than 1500 easy road miles) it started making noise again.  Found driveshaft goop all over the bottom of the car so the exhaust must have melted it or something.

4 hours ago, Black Betty said:

I miss working at Tire shops for this reason. Perfectly balanced tires, and perfectly aligned cars. I'd be happier paying the same price and doing the work myself.

Agreed. I spent a bit of time working outside of a shop, and when I didn't have access to the equipment I asked them if I could just pay and do it myself. Of course, they declined. :dry:

4 wheel alignment on the R. She's finished bitches

tumblr_m1m6zmw9G61qibv0wo1_400.gif

Now time to buy a bigger turbo...

• Upvote 1

where did you go? hows it ride?