Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:38 AM, RBoy8 said:

the one thing I'm afraid of is the slave of the 99-00s. They're inside the bell housing right?

Nothing to worry about, I think it's probably a better design. They last a looooong time. I went from external to internal and I sleep fine at night. 

My wagon is an early 98 and originally had an external slave. It failed early. My parts car is a late 98 with an internal slave. This transmission is in my car now.

Installed my new dash cameras.

BlackVue DR750S with front and rear cameras.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Zappo said:

Installed my new dash cameras.

BlackVue DR750S with front and rear cameras.

Nice! I just put a Rexing V1 in my DD. Everyone who drives should get one of these. 

2 hours ago, Oreo931 said:

Nice! I just put a Rexing V1 in my DD. Everyone who drives should get one of these. 

You running them front and rear? With our new found traffic snarls in Nashville, I've been thinking about a set.

Honestly I think rear is more important than front.  The chances of any of us hitting anything are quite a lot lower than getting hit imo........but front and rear is the way to go for sure.  I need to get going on that too.  No way any insurance company is gonna pay up on my T-5R if anyone ever hits me (can't get a GV policy on cars under 25 in MA :mad:) so I need to be ready for a lawsuit.  Either that or just take it off the road until it turns 25 and/or all the morons have cars with collision avoidance.

18 hours ago, Oreo931 said:

i have been thinking about it - may have to check it out

My rear camera doesn't have night vision, but the front one does and works well.

I see way too many stupid people on the road lately.  I like having proof in case of an accident, but I could easily put together a stupid driver video after 6 months and post it on YouTube.  :)

For me It's to the point where I feel almost paranoid when I drive a car without one 

12 hours ago, JaredR1 said:

Honestly I think rear is more important than front.  The chances of any of us hitting anything are quite a lot lower than getting hit imo........but front and rear is the way to go for sure.  I need to get going on that too.  No way any insurance company is gonna pay up on my T-5R if anyone ever hits me (can't get a GV policy on cars under 25 in MA :mad:) so I need to be ready for a lawsuit.  Either that or just take it off the road until it turns 25 and/or all the morons have cars with collision avoidance.

I'm sorta in the same situation as you with the FG VR, no way insurance is going to pay what the market would fetch.

3 hours ago, Zappo said:

My rear camera doesn't have night vision, but the front one does and works well.

I see way too many stupid people on the road lately.  I like having proof in case of an accident, but I could easily put together a stupid driver video after 6 months and post it on YouTube.  :)

School a noob here, will a rear work through tinted windows?

5 minutes ago, Ihatespeedbumps said:

I'm sorta in the same situation as you with the FG VR, no way insurance is going to pay what the market would fetch.

School a noob here, will a rear work through tinted windows?

I'm very careful about when/where I will drive mine.  I won't drive it after about 10 pm Fri-Sun if I'm anywhere near a city........ended up sleeping on the floor more than once while visiting friends in the city this summer because of that LOL (yes of course I made sure ahead of time that I had an acceptable off-street parking spot every time).  Or if it's raining during rush hour I'll shelter in place until one or more of those conditions ends.  Although it's not like any of that would change if I did have reasonable insurance.  The history my car has is irreplaceable so I really need to add a normal CY estate without cool history to the fleet if I want to have one I can drive.  Hopefully I can grab a factory manual one from Europe before the prices become completely out of reach for me.

The one with the rear camera package says you can mount the rear camera inside or outside https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EX8ATKK/ref=psdc_3248689011_t1_B00X528FNE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mine works through the tint, although probably not as well at night obviously.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 4:26 PM, Ihatespeedbumps said:

You running them front and rear? With our new found traffic snarls in Nashville, I've been thinking about a set.

New found? Has something changed recently? Nashville has had bad traffic every time I've visited over the last 5 years.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 0:55 PM, JaredR1 said:

I'm very careful about when/where I will drive mine.  I won't drive it after about 10 pm Fri-Sun if I'm anywhere near a city........ended up sleeping on the floor more than once while visiting friends in the city this summer because of that LOL (yes of course I made sure ahead of time that I had an acceptable off-street parking spot every time).  Or if it's raining during rush hour I'll shelter in place until one or more of those conditions ends.  Although it's not like any of that would change if I did have reasonable insurance.  The history my car has is irreplaceable so I really need to add a normal CY estate without cool history to the fleet if I want to have one I can drive.  Hopefully I can grab a factory manual one from Europe before the prices become completely out of reach for me.

The one with the rear camera package says you can mount the rear camera inside or outside https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EX8ATKK/ref=psdc_3248689011_t1_B00X528FNE

Interesting, I'm going to keep going down this road. I'm with you, I have certain criteria that must be met before I drive the FG.

On 10/28/2017 at 3:38 PM, Burn-E said:

New found? Has something changed recently? Nashville has had bad traffic every time I've visited over the last 5 years.

I guess our real estate boom has been about the last 5 years, so that's what I mean by new found :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

On 10/26/2017 at 5:26 PM, Ihatespeedbumps said:

Just front. If you get hit from behind, it's generally considered to be the other person's fault. Plus, you have the front camera recording, so if you are at a stop and someone bumps you from behind, you'll have the footage to show that you were not backing up or something like that.

45 minutes ago, Oreo931 said:

Just front. If you get hit from behind, it's generally considered to be the other person's fault. Plus, you have the front camera recording, so if you are at a stop and someone bumps you from behind, you'll have the footage to show that you were not backing up or something like that.

Would a rear-facing aid in a court case if it showed the driver was texting or something?