Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ruecatinat said:

Glad it helped, I recently went through a DMF to SMF conversion, mixing and matching flywheels on my VW so the whole thing is fresh in my mind.

I need to get another 850...

Good luck finding a good example in Ontario, they're slowly disappearing off of the roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Good luck finding a good example in Ontario, they're slowly disappearing off of the roads.

Tell me about it, I've looked casually since I wrote mine off in 2014 and can't find anything I really want

I'd take another N/A but ideally I'm in the market for a turbo wagon with a manual which is near impossible even when they were more prevalent

I'm wondering if somehow, someway I could import one

Edited by ruecatinat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 11:36 AM, ruecatinat said:

Tell me about it, I've looked casually since I wrote mine off in 2014 and can't find anything I really want

I'd take another N/A but ideally I'm in the market for a turbo wagon with a manual which is near impossible even when they were more prevalent

I'm wondering if somehow, someway I could import one

How about a 601 red S70 T5 SE? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

How about a 601 red S70 T5 SE? :ph34r:

After I finally got rid of the blue one I'm done with S/V70s :laugh:

Congrats on your new wagon, after my V50 blew up I miss wagon life...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, ruecatinat said:

After I finally got rid of the blue one I'm done with S/V70s :laugh:

Congrats on your new wagon, after my V50 blew up I miss wagon life...

Aww, alright alright. :tongue:

Thanks! It'll take some time to learn the whole P2 game after being in only P80s for so-long but excited to try something new. I'm stoked to have so much space to haul stuff again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Aww, alright alright. :tongue:

Thanks! It'll take some time to learn the whole P2 game after being in only P80s for so-long but excited to try something new. I'm stoked to have so much space to haul stuff again!

I'd say leave it stock and enjoy - all the new stuff past 2000 (my old V50 included) was too computerized to me. Great fun if you have ViDA (which I do) but I couldn't even swap out the stereo head unit.

They're great, advanced cars compared to the P80s but not worth messing with. AWD should be great in this weather we're having!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ruecatinat said:

I'd say leave it stock and enjoy - all the new stuff past 2000 (my old V50 included) was too computerized to me. Great fun if you have ViDA (which I do) but I couldn't even swap out the stereo head unit.

They're great, advanced cars compared to the P80s but not worth messing with. AWD should be great in this weather we're having!

For sure. The yellow is the one for fun. This wagon is going to stay stock, minus for a few visual things. I just want a comfy, fairly reliable daily for hauling things and going on road trips. I'm also pleasantly surprised with the audio it has now.

Right now, the only things I really want are tint, and I'll probably throw a set of 17s on once the current tires are worn out. I'm actually happy with it being spoiler-less too.

Yeahhh, I had a little fun with it during the storm we had on Monday! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

This wagon is going to stay stock, minus for a few visual things. I just want a comfy, fairly reliable daily for hauling things and going on road trips. I'm also pleasantly surprised with the audio it has now.

 

Ok.

jlaw-nod.gif

That's what I said about my beater Veloster Turbo. 
But... shit happens. 
Pierce Street Downpipe, TurboSocks Intercooler Resonator Delete, Cone Filter,  SXTH Intake Breather Delete Kit,  eBay Catch Can
Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar, GodSpeed Springs ,TurboSocks Rigid Collars, 15mm - 20mm Akata Spacers
ProSport Boost gauge, Grams wideband

Still needs a real intake and tune. Then I'm done... I swear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STOP IT. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

Funny thing is... I actually have a 16T from an S60 laying around that would drop right in.................. fuck. >_>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 5:22 PM, fivex84 said:

 

Ok.

jlaw-nod.gif

That's what I said about my beater Veloster Turbo. 
But... shit happens. 
Pierce Street Downpipe, TurboSocks Intercooler Resonator Delete, Cone Filter,  SXTH Intake Breather Delete Kit,  eBay Catch Can
Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar, GodSpeed Springs ,TurboSocks Rigid Collars, 15mm - 20mm Akata Spacers
ProSport Boost gauge, Grams wideband

Still needs a real intake and tune. Then I'm done... I swear. 

I love when Veloster turbo guys want to race me in the M3. I just laugh and keep driving 70. 

 

Oh when did you buy a Veloster, Chris? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the community around the car. It's just a bad as the local BMW community but in a sadder more try hard way.
The BMW community here is a lot of E90 335i bro's. All doin' it for da gram. 

giphy.webp

 

I got it in the middle of last year. I use it mainly for long work trips.
It turns out an E36 M3 on coil-overs, 18's with R-Compounds, a Corbeau bucket seat and topped off with non functioning AC sucks on 6 hour drives. 

Edited by fivex84
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mounted a staggered winter setup meant for a Lexus IS; 225/45R17 fronts, 245/45R17 rears mounted on 17" cassiopeias.

Oh, and put a C70 convertible subframe with front 'V' brace and new passenger control arm. Mounts up perfectly on AWDs.

Might be the result of bumping a curb at 20km/h...

EDIT: 245/45 is no bueno, don't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Mounted a staggered winter setup meant for a Lexus IS; 225/45R17 fronts, 245/45R17 rears mounted on 17" cassiopeias.

Oh, and put a C70 convertible subframe with front 'V' brace and new passenger control arm. Mounts up perfectly on AWDs.

Might be the result of bumping a curb at 20km/h...

Are you going to post some pictures or do I have to sit here with a half chub

On 1/31/2018 at 11:16 AM, RBoy8 said:

Right now, the only things I really want are tint, and I'll probably throw a set of 17s on once the current tires are worn out. I'm actually happy with it being spoiler-less too. And then I'm going to buy a strut brace, and HIDs, and coil overs, and R bumper, and pegs, and a new turbo, and etc.

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this