Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Darren, post pics!

46 minutes ago, Brad850 said:

Are you going to post some pictures or do I have to sit here with a half chub

:biggrin:

Little foreplay before you one pump. 

Ladies, relax there will be pictures. Maybe tomorrow.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, mattsk8 said:

Turns out... the clutch disc basically came apart, all the linings on the flywheel side came off (guessing this is what smoked the throwout bearing).

I did some more research. First, it was brought up that potentially this was because the clutch disc was in backward, you can't put the clutch disc in backward, if you do the "pressure plate" side of the disc hits the flywheel bolts, it would make a terrible racket if you drove it like that. So that definitely isn't the issue. Best I can come up with is that because the friction portion of the SD698 clutch disc is 6 1/4" ID, and the original 850 clutch disc's friction portion is 6 5/8" ID, there is about 3/16" MORE of the new clutch disc than there is of mating surface on the 850 pressure plate. To try to make this make more sense... the 850 pressure plate I used has a mating surface that is exactly the same OD as the SD698 disc, but the ID of the mating surface of the SD698 is 6 1/4", and the ID of the pressure plate mating surface is 6 5/8". So this MIGHT be why the friction part of the clutch disc basically peeled off the disc.

So... I don't want to go through this again (sick of pulling the transmission out of this car), so I'm going to order a dual mass flywheel for a 2004 S60R, then get a clutch kit for a 2004 S60R. This should solve my problem... right??

Drivers front caliper seized up due to a torn dust boot:

39544426914_1026f027b5_b.jpg

Swapped it out for a remanufactured ATE from the local parts store and all is right again:

39357859835_a3cf23ab80_b.jpg

On 2/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, quiksilver said:

Not going to blue ball you.

26317803978_ccf39e4e96_b.jpg

28410531049_046530c900_b.jpg

you dog! 

• Upvote 1

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! lol

No new pics of mine I could find but here are a few:

2016 GTI, 4 Door, DSG, Autobahn, Performance Package.

Oem 18" Rotary wheels with DWS tires, ECS 15mm front 20mm rear spacers, VWR lowering springs, OEM Clubsport center caps and valve stem caps lol, 034 Dogbone insert, OEM TT rear spring pads to keep the car level. Oem mud flaps. I completed the rest of all of the lights to LED. Audi 12v plug, dsg paddle extensions, euro light switch for the DRL and fog capability, OEM Clubsport S exhaust, Volvo License plate bracket!, JB4 Stage 1 tuning. CF mirror caps. 

Plans: intake and downpipe are a maybe with stage 2 tuning using the JB4, cf subtle front lip (actively looking for one) then install the cf rear spoiler lip i have and install the oem red hatch trim piece too!

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9234.jpg

• Upvote 2

mhmmm hawwt! How do you like the 034 Dogbone? I was just reading up on it today some reviews said it was smother than the bfi and other one..  Notice many vibrations sneaking into the cabin? 

Love that white though :wub:

034 insert eliminated the scary wheel hop and smoothed shift clunking

zero nvh (i installed it properly lol - people dont read)

my suggestion is to try it and if you dont like it, sell it. its only $30 and take no time at all to install.

singe best mod though is the JB4. Safe plug and play 30-40whp. I have a JB1 for sale if you want it... same plug and play 30-40whp but no bluetooth connection and you cant custom tune it.

Last night I replaced my heater core and firewall coupling. The heater core itself is easy enough to do but replacing the firewall junction with a hot engine bay is not fun! 

Its really nice to have heat again after having bypassed it due to a cracked firewall coupling during my M66 swap a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

034 insert eliminated the scary wheel hop and smoothed shift clunking

zero nvh (i installed it properly lol - people dont read)

my suggestion is to try it and if you dont like it, sell it. its only $30 and take no time at all to install.

singe best mod though is the JB4. Safe plug and play 30-40whp. I have a JB1 for sale if you want it... same plug and play 30-40whp but no bluetooth connection and you cant custom tune it.

I am not a fan of the 034 insert. It eliminated wheel hop and smoothed shifting, but transferred too much vibration to the cabin, so i took it out. This is on my 14 GLI with DSG, so take it with a grain of salt.

Agreed on the JB4 - love mine.