scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

yeah the 034 insert is hit or miss it seems. most of the people though on the vw forums are pretty dumb and either dont admit to even installing it themselves, dont recall torquing it properly, or having the car loaded and yielding it tight while loaded... (i know that isnt the case with you Adam haha - volvospeed users are rocket scientists compared to most of vortex)

Yesterday did the oil pump/pickup tube on the Audi, ran a liquimoly sludge treatment. Opened up the valve cover to find the cam chain and tensioner had been replaced not too long before I bought the car and it seems it had the Audi desludge done at a dealer.

the culprit was tiny piece of hardened sludge that came from a corner of the pan/block and lodged in the pickup tube.

after inspecting the engine thoroughly and seeing it is indeed very healthy I’m gonna throw a stage 2 from motoza and some Bosch 550s I’m so I can have some fun while I’m building the 2.7 with Frankenturbos 

• Upvote 2

Started my COP Conversion Sunday afternoon 

Went to the JY yesterday after work to get the bolts to hold the coils down and cut some connectors to have at my disposal for the 12v connection

IMG_5815.jpg

• Upvote 6

Lookin good greg!!

I'd make sure the cam cover is clean where the ground wires/bolts for the cop harness attach.

oh yeah - i took a wire brush to those areas and the bolts i grabbed at the jy already - but the top of my block is very clean :cool:

i have to figure something out though for the bolt for coil 1 (my block isnt tapped like some others have found when doing this mod) also I dont have anywhere to ground coil 1/2/3 on my block... 

I drove it home from Queens with tags from Texas purchased online for $9. 

Way to beat the NY system. 

On 4/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

I drove it home from Queens with tags from Texas purchased online for $9. 

Way to beat the NY system. 

You were in Queens yesterday???? I live in Queens dude 😔

8 hours ago, Ol' Dirty Noodle said:

You were in Queens yesterday???? I live in Queens dude 😔

Yeah for like 2 hrs.. flew into LGA. Made the deal. Stopped at Bruno's VW for 15 min to see an old highschool friend and then Drove to Ithaca. No time to have any fun

On 2/15/2018 at 4:34 PM, gmsgltr said:

yeah the 034 insert is hit or miss it seems. most of the people though on the vw forums are pretty dumb and either dont admit to even installing it themselves, dont recall torquing it properly, or having the car loaded and yielding it tight while loaded... (i know that isnt the case with you Adam haha - volvospeed users are rocket scientists compared to most of vortex)

Vortex members still argue over whether the ea113 FSI 2.0 had a timing belt or a chain.. the engine is timed with a belt and the cams are timed with a chain (exhaust drives the intake). 

That forum is full of complete idiots. And Audizine is even worse

lol - audizine is humble brag central 

"my s4 is better than yours because my dealer said my car looks good when i had them install my valve stem caps"

1 hour ago, gmsgltr said:

lol - audizine is humble brag central 

"my s4 is better than yours because my dealer said my car looks good when i had them install my valve stem caps"

I’ve actually found audizine to be the best for the 2 platforms I deal with being the B6 and the C5, lot of knowledgeable guys, tons of write ups and a lot of people actually working on their cars 

Drove it to Caffeine and Octane to hang with Jon / DoriDori on here. 

20180506_111849.jpg

Edited by fivex84

Dug this out... getting back in to P80's again. Kept forgetting I had this car. :biggrin:

20180513_172511.jpg

• Upvote 2

almost done the bracket that attaches to the abs reservoir structure - likely have it done tonight

IMG_6064.jpg

• Upvote 1