Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Replaced the MAF sensor.  I was going lean on me at idle and part throttle.

• Like 1

Had a flat fixed, fixed a grounding issue at the battery, swapped HID bulbs in the head lights.

Only started the Volvo today.  Work closed because of snow.

Installed a new aluminum radiator into the spider, along with new hoses, thermostat, cooling fan and a few temp sensors.

Just parked in the garage.  Left rear caliper was leaking bad on the way home.  No time to dig into it tonight.  I hope the line isn't damaged.

Gotta break up this mans personal streak here.  😛  ❤️ 

Took the s70 to work yesterday, stopped by Maitland Importers to get warranty battery since mine started leaking.  
Drove it home and ran it through the hand wash to get all the dust and pollen off its accumulated from sitting. 

Today its sitting pretty upfront at work.  

It's funny how much you realize you miss a car and a passion once you start diving it again.    
So ordered parts last night, and made a plan to finish a bunch of stuff on it and tackle some projects I never started but have always wanted to do to it. 

• Upvote 2

same boat

i drive mine once, fall back in love... then spend the next two days planning to purchase shit etc etc. then dont.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

same boat

i drive mine once, fall back in love... then spend the next two days planning to purchase shit etc etc. then dont.

Same.  
My biggest issue right now is 90% of photos that used to be out there for how to do things, are now gone so im trying to piece write ups together so I can knock out a few things.  

But I think im going start knocking stuff out and get back into it again. 

5 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

same boat

How come you don't drive it? 

About time someone other than me is posting here.

I pulled the damaged hard brake line off.  I have to find a replacement now.

11 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

same boat

I do that with my spider, except I am actually buying stuff and installing it.  I put a new transmission in it a few months ago and over the past week I installed an upgraded cooling system.  I finished it just in time for the Volvo to break.  :)

Supposed to rain at some point today. 
Drove the S60 in.  

Since I drive through tourist town to and from work now, if its going to be wet, I take the new car so I don't have to worry about them hitting the s70.  

15 hours ago, gilber33 said:

How come you don't drive it? 

time. money. really, too many reasons or should i say excuses... it's just not a priority at the time.

its a priority for me this year though to get it 100% running and inspected - it hasnt been since 2017ish 

2019.5 I finished our townhouse and sold it

2018.5-2019.5 I flipped a condo with my dad in the evenings and weekends 

2019.5-present we bought a massive house that needs to be completely overhauled and im doing all the work myself again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, gmsgltr said:

same boat

This is exactly me every time I drive my car 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bought a new brake line, cut it, swapped on the old fittings as the ones that came with the line are too big.  Bent it into shape and flared the end.  Bleed the brakes and it works great.

• Upvote 2

Drove the S70 to work without checking oil and coolant levels. 

I like living on the edge. 

Also im lazy and didnt want to deal with opening my hood with pliers. 

Order the damn cable.