Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

2 hours ago, Zappo said:

Got my remote locking working again.

So what was the problem?

The remote itself was bad.  I got a new one, it paired and it worked.

The old one died in the middle of the day.  Batteries were good, I could hear the buttons working, but it wouldn't pair again.  I got 2 remotes when I bought the car and the second one worked for a while, but it started just locking the car regardless of the button you pushed.

I see the iPd sells the OEM ones now, so I got one.  They were hard to find a few years ago.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:12 AM, CAAnglin said:

Been doing a little bit of work here and there on the E46 330i. I was getting it ready for the local BMW CCA AutoX and the occasional HPDE but who knows how this season will go now. 

H&R race springs
Koni Actives (came on the car, not fan. Not enough travel for the H&R's. Looking at ST XTA coilovers.)
E46 M3 front sway
ECS Tuning rear sway bar
Turner Camber front plates
Godspeed rear camber arms
Ultra Racing front strut brace
Garagistic rear strut brace
Garagistic stainless brakes lines
ATE Amber fluid
EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads (damaged box dirt cheap 🙂)
Corbeau FX1 Pro seat
DS1's with Federal RS-RR's

Also did a tune up. Coils, Plugs, hot air intake (factory box was cracked / broken), fuel filter, valve cover gasket, diff fluid and transmission fluid. Also might throw on the mechanical fan delete I have sitting in the garage.
Still need to install the Bimmerbrake headers. And at some point do the  manual swap (picked that up for $300 😁).

It came with some rice-tastic headlights and taillights swapped them back to stock. 

How's your diff mounts look? I rent out a Barumn tool, still haven't made my money back :laugh::laugh:

O4EefhVm.jpg?1

BT99oXol.jpg?1

On 4/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, Black Betty said:

How's your diff mounts look? I rent out a Barumn tool, still haven't made my money back :laugh::laugh:

Feel like poop. Need to do them. Also got a rear sub-frame reinforcement kit to install. 

Swapped out the cabin filter.  The old one was full of hog fuel dust.

On the Volvo:

Fixed a front turn signal issue.
Looked at the A/C issue and I am guessing wiring.  The clutch is not engaging.  If I tap on it, it will turn slightly, then stop.  That leads me to believe there is no engage signal to it.
Swapped out a bad coil.

On the Spider:

Installed a new billet water union.  It has a quick bleed value as well as a place cooling fan switch.  The fan comes on well before the stock switch in the bottom of the radiator.  The block water temp stays where it should be now instead of going to 220 on the stock switch when the bottom of the radiator finally gets to 180.  It doesn't go above 190 now.  The problem is the fan power is live all the time, not switched on ignition, so when the fan is running and I turn the engine off, the fan keeps going.  Most cars do this as well, but since the switch isn't in the radiator, the fan being on does nothing since the water isn't moving.  In this case, it would probably run for 10 minutes or more until the engine cooled down to switch if off.  Battery won't like that.  I will have to install a relay to cut the power when ignition is off.

Fixed the interior light and digital clock.  Blown fuse.

My 2yo likes to play in the Volvo which surprisingly leads to me having more time to work on it. Didn't really have much to do today so I started lubing up hinges, locks, etc. Boring, but this seems like a pretty good time to tackle the boring stuff. 

The biggest difference was how easily the side mirrors now move with a little oil. They went from stiff and clunky to easy and smooth. I haven't done all of the items below...and I don't have Volvo teflon, but whatever...

http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/1999/1999_sv70/99sv70_120.htm1428482524_ScreenShot2020-04-20at8_16_42AM.png.51de25685118edbf68c6133e0183b038.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Swapped the valve body on the Cayenne. Was getting delayed rough shifts occasionally when merging or passing on the highway / interstate. 
So much fluid. I don't think the smell is coming out of that shirt. 😁
qyC0h3C.jpg

Edited by CAAnglin

Gave the ol girl a wash.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200510182807813_COVER.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

looks really nice! How quick is it? i still havent driven one of these... drove a v60 polestar once thats all and didnt push it

43 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

looks really nice! How quick is it? i still havent driven one of these... drove a v60 polestar once thats all and didnt push it

It's pretty quick. Love the sound it makes though. It's also a 2013 so it's got all the good stuff 2013 introduced, compression ratio, the updated AWD module, overboost etc.. I drove a 2012 and could tell a big difference between the two T5's. It only has 52k on it too. I love the car, it feels so new but with the ol' reliable 5 cylinder in it. But lately I have been thinking of moving up to an SPA S60. If I can afford it that is 🤣

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome Corey, love the wheels/ride height combo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, andyb5 said:

Looks awesome Corey, love the wheels/ride height combo. 

Thank you!! It's on H&R Springs right now, and I love them but I do wish they were a hair lower!

P3s are impressing me.

My dad got an XC70 T6 (with the I6) and it's much quicker than I expected.

Steering feel is completely numb though, makes my Saff V70R feel like a Miata.

• Upvote 1

That is seriously one good looking muffin, Corey! 😍

Also chalk me up as another impressed with P3s. A friend has a 2015 V60 T5 with the ole reliable 5 cyl and it's very nice.

• Upvote 1