Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

mobile detailer?

i took off my TPS the other day and found my old one... gotta test them and see if that is why my throttle is fucked (Aaron told me years ago that when i was WOT on logs that it was only reading 70-80% and why i thought it felt so slow

also hate the play in the gas pedal and TB arm and I think that is the slight 'stick' I feel when I disengage and re-engage the accelerator 

5 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

mobile detailer?

i took off my TPS the other day and found my old one... gotta test them and see if that is why my throttle is fucked (Aaron told me years ago that when i was WOT on logs that it was only reading 70-80% and why i thought it felt so slow

also hate the play in the gas pedal and TB arm and I think that is the slight 'stick' I feel when I disengage and re-engage the accelerator 

Omg I have that sticky throttle feeling too! I just chalked it up to barely driving the car. Maybe the tb assembly needs oiling?

20 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

mobile detailer?

Yeah, I fucked my back up a couple weeks ago and refucked it up over the weekend -.- 

Going saturday morning to get Tint, so wanted to get it cleaned up for that haha. 

As far as TPS issue goes.
Clean it up using contact cleaner, but make sure to adjust your throttle cable at the nut (assuming its a -98).
Which throttle body do you have?   70-80% is correct with the wedge lol.

96 850 r manual swapped

NA Throttle body - no wedge on mine

i have the manual throttle cable too

aaron was telling me a while back that my throttle position at wot wasnt all the way open and it was the TPS... but i have a new bosch tps... so gonna test it and see

sold and upgraded the DD.

nq2wRpp.jpg

love it

just not a fan of most stock vw wheels... the ones that came on my 16gti were terrible. i love the stock silver watkins glen wheels that were on your 30th though!

20 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

love it

just not a fan of most stock vw wheels... the ones that came on my 16gti were terrible. i love the stock silver watkins glen wheels that were on your 30th though!

I agree. The stock wheels are not great, but I think they can pass as OKAY when the car is lowered. I'm gonna swap the wheels eventually but I'm undecided about what to get. I have my Rotiform TMB wheels in the garage, but I'd need to change to a larger tire size, and I'm not sold on how they look on MK7. I've only found one pic online:

j6K1H2X.jpg

I also like the golf R wheels (though they are 19")

4HV09UM.png

and neuspeed RSE10

JMpdgnt.png

• Upvote 1

Painted the rear quarter window trim.  It was peeling up showing the bare aluminum.

Washed the car as well.

Dropped it off for ceramic window tint. :3

Realized ill probably have the s70 for a few more years so next step is tint.

Apparently my Fishbowl has had tint on it and its just gone clear now O.o

20% front. 15% back, Ceramic Plus. 

Definitely felt different driving a tinted car for once since none of mine are.

Now I need to clear up the yellowing ABS plastics.

20200722_123510.jpg

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, RobT5M said:

20% front. 15% back, Ceramic Plus. 

Definitely felt different driving a tinted car for once since none of mine are.

Now I need to clear up the yellowing ABS plastics.

Damn, looks sharp!

Replaced the coolant reservoir cap.  Car has been down for days waiting on one as it was puking out coolant with either one of the two I had in stock.

Back on the road.  I have missed the A/C.

Got the HRE 535's on. 
Need to drive it and get the suspension to settle.
Also need to go beat on it since I have a track day on the 12th. 

t6yHwBE.jpg

• Upvote 3

Did rear brakes on the 2018 S60. 

Was worried about the electronic parking break, but man once I got in there it was so much easier than so many people made it sound.

Saved about $300-$500 O.o

2x T30
2x 15 and 14mm
1x T40

And thats that.  lol

• Upvote 2