What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

Fixed an oil leak, hopefully.  Swapped on the winter wheels, which are actually my show wheels but they have the better winter tires on them.  Searched for a coolant leak.  I thought the new heater core might be leaking, but I pull the covers and ran the engine up to full temp and no leaks there.  It might be the lower coolant hose on the turbo, but I didn't feel like crawling under there to investigate.  

Found out I broke another rear shock mount, same side as the first time.  I thought I had a spare but I can't find it, so maybe I already used it.  Ordered a new one.  There is enough mud on my car from work you would think I was racing rally with it, but no.

• 3 weeks later...

Volvo is still down getting the head gasket replaced.  He has fixed a few other things that I didn't know about, like the check valve for the fuel tank vapor canister.  Apparently I have been pressurizing the fuel tank under boost.  I got bumped because he finished up an AWD conversion on an 850R, so now that it is done and out of the shop he can finish my car.

I replaced the Idler Arm on the spider tonight.  It was completely shot, so I am interested to see how improved the steering is going to work tomorrow.  Hopefully the Volvo will be finished tomorrow as well.

I have been adjusting the alignment on the spider for the last few days and it should be a lot closer now.

Volvo is back on the road. I don't think I can make it down there today to pick it up, but I am off early tomorrow and should be able to do it then.  I will have him do some exhaust work on the spider.

• Upvote 2

Picked up the Volvo and dropped the spider off for some work on it.

Started it up and was talking with someone before I left.  Go to leave, the car dies.  Fuel pump relay.  Pulled it out, hit it against the shock tower and put it back in.  Car fired up.  Need to order a new one.  

The car has some minor issue still I need to work out.

Installed a catch can.  Not pretty right now, just testing to see if it works.

Replaced the upper engine mount at the firewall as well.  That should fix my vibration issue.

I’ve been neglecting my poor R... now that it’s become my daily again, I haven’t had a chance to take care of all the stupid stuff I want to fix like polishing and fixing the mounts on the fog lights. Maybe tomorrow.

Oooh, but I did order some Kaplhenke delrin SF bushings last week. Those should be here any day now... gotta love USPS.

Those will go in when I swap the rack out. It leaks fluid out faster than I can fill it!

Edited by bmdubya1198