What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

On 2/5/2021 at 10:50 PM, tighe said:

Installed a rear bumper guard. I had some spider cracking in the paint on top of my bumper from a buddy's Jeep Wrangler. This should take care of it. Looks good and matches the other black plastics pretty well. New German Performance. 

unnamed.jpg

Going to need more information on this :3 I dig it.

13 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Well that's the important part! Where do you have it mounted?

Where the stock coil and airbox used to be.  I run it inline with the stock PCV system.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Zappo said:

Where the stock coil and airbox used to be.  I run it inline with the stock PCV system.

I think that’s the best way to do it on these cars. It’s not worth trying to redesign the PCV system unless you’re making insane amounts of power.

12 hours ago, tighe said:

Happy to oblige. The guys at NGP were awesome to deal with. Bumper guard took all of 3 minutes to install. 

https://store.ngpracing.com/rearguards-by-rgm-volvo-850-v70-wagon-1996-2000-w-painted-bumper.html

Absolutely ordering one to cover the scratches and damage on my rear bumper. Thanks for the link!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Put the HRE 535's back on. Also got a fresh alignment. Have a mountain run on April 3rd and a Road Atlanta track day May 6th. 
My replacement nose panel finally showed up. So hope to drop the bumpers and panel off for paint soon, so I can get the front panels/hood lined up and to get it looking right. 

For some reason the rear camber looks crazy in the pic even though its only -2.5°. 
-3.5° front
-2.5° rear
1/16" toe out front
1/32" toe in rear

6hDguzu.jpg

Edited by caanglin
  • Upvote 2

On 2/5/2021 at 10:50 PM, tighe said:

unnamed.jpg

I see you got Ronals.  I just had one crack and got one off Alain.  He has a couple left in different levels of quality if you need one. 

On 3/23/2021 at 8:51 AM, flyfishing3 said:

I see you got Ronals.  I just had one crack and got one off Alain.  He has a couple left in different levels of quality if you need one. 

Thanks for the info. These are actually OEM Saab wheels from a 9-3 Aero, see photo. Saab makes some nice looking wheels - I like these too.  

image.png.2ef4b93546d3335885a00a8e4c717290.png