What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

I  tightened up the e brake cable on the XC90 today. Used the “cheat” way of prying on the adjuster with a wrench while I clamped vise grips onto the cable sleeve. It holds the car still now while in gear if I push it all the way down, so that’ll do for now.

5 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Didnt want to do the braced c70 subframe or does that not work with awd?

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks Daren! 
The C70 subframe (with aluminum bushings) has the awd-style transmission mount and does use the 4 bolt control arms like the awd models. So it would fit without modification. 

With the M66, the 4 bolt control arm on the drivers side is harder to access.  I wanted to get away from the 4 bolt arms, so I started with a FWD subframe to use the 2 bolt control arm setup, then had the AWD transmission mount bracket welded on. 

The C70 subframe with brace fits AWD models, Daren @quiksilver has one on his car.

3 hours ago, andyb5 said:

My understanding is that the C70 subframe (with aluminum bushings) doesn’t have the awd transmission mount but it does use the 4 bolt control arms like the awd models. So it would need a little modification. 

With the M66, the 4 bolt control arm on the drivers side is harder to access.  I wanted to get away from the 4 bolt arms, so I started with a FWD subframe to use the 2 bolt control arm setup, then had the AWD transmission mount bracket welded on. 

The C70 subframe brace fits AWD modes, Darren @quiksilver has one on his car.

I'm running the C70 vert subframe with no modifications whatsoever, bolted right up.

Here's a comparison picture I made way back that shows everything is there:

29317322076_f2ae3920c4_b.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...