What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed an alignment problem myself.

I am having a hard time finding a place to do the alignment.  Called 3 different places only to find they don't do alignments, even though the websites say they do.  they mechanic I used to have do it can't since his machine is broken.

I ordered new steering rack boots since one is damaged.

I've found most places are incompetent when it comes to alignments anyway. You really need to know a place that takes the time to do it right. Poor alignments drive me nuts. Especially when I pay someone to do it, and they can't be bothered to get the steering wheel straight. Then they'd rather just make excuses, like the car MUST have been wrecked or something.
The last time I got my 2000 aligned, he used P2 alignment specs then said it should be the same. Then tried to tell me it's because my car is lowered that my steering wheel is nearly 45 degrees to the left. I went to my cousin's job, we put it on the rack, and he had it perfect within 15 minutes. Wheel is perfectly straight. Imagine that...

Okay, rant over!

I will keep searching around.  The alignment isn't perfect, but much better than it was. I already know I can make 2 adjustments to make it better.  I currently have 2 of my race tires on the front (street legal), and the car really likes to turn into corners now.

Once I replace the rack boots I will try to find a place to do it.  My spider needs alignment as well since I replaced all the steering linkage.  I aligned it as well and it is close, but it is easier than the Volvo, so that may be my test; align this right and then I will bring in the Volvo.

couldnt agree more. im STILL mulling over the bc racing coils or a major step up to the jrz ones and im terrified because once its all in i wont have a single place around here i can trust to get it aligned or even corner balanced

55 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

couldnt agree more. im STILL mulling over the bc racing coils or a major step up to the jrz ones and im terrified because once its all in i wont have a single place around here i can trust to get it aligned or even corner balanced

I might be able to help you out, currently just doing PAP-smears out the back of the wagon in a Walmart parking lot but I’m looking to expand into mobile alignment as well.

• Upvote 5

Swapped out an old Kenwood double DIN for a mint HU-803 I found in the junkyard. Surprisingly everything works on it and the CD player doesn't click! Also installed a new shifter bushing and took pictures of my recent wide band and Snow meth injection install.

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

• Upvote 2

Replaced the lower control arms.  Ball joints were still good, but one bushing on each side was worn out.  Hopefully this fixes my strange steering wheel pull under braking.

Replaced the driver side steering rack boot.  I noticed it was damaged when I was fixing the alignment a few weeks ago.

Tearing in the rear brakes on the spider.