What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

Drove it 20+ hours round trip. Ran 5 30 minute sessions. Even slept in it.
Not the most comfortable car to drive long distances.  The car doesn't have AC, PS, ABS, radio, carpet, sound deadening etc. 😂
IEM's + Spotify FTW. 

The RT615K+'s are a year old. They have a few DE's, and a few autocrosses on them. Plus a few thousand street miles. Very satisfied with them. They last but aren't the stickiest "200TW." 
I rode shotgun in one Elliott's track cars. Slicks > 200TW. Slicks on another set of wheels might be my next move for the 944. 

xZSfjQd.jpeg

7wzakEy.jpeg

#doitfordalePOMvMph.jpeg

E5Wl3R9.jpeg

DmwD4l9.jpeg

My friend Elliott's Euro RHD S2 won peoples choice award. 
3DrPs1U.jpeg

Edited by caanglin
  • Upvote 4

Had a consistent cylinder 2 misfire above 3kRPM noticed the intake runner was dirty around the injector, pulled the injector and found it caked with crap, looks like the o-ring at the rail failed and was leaking onto the lower one allowing all kinds of crap to start sticking to it and degrading the lower o-ring, cleaned everything up replaced the 2 o-rings and so far good as new.

Tomorrow I gotta do the engine and snub mounts before the 1.8t falls out lol, was hoping to just do them when I put the 2.7 in but they’re in dire need of replacement now.

• Upvote 1

No work on the Volvo, but working on the spider.  The further I get into the rear brakes, the more parts I have to replace.  

Added a rear stud kit since I have everything torn apart already.  The wheels are a PITA to mount because they aren't hub centric.
Swapped out the center brake hose.
Adding new hard lines on the rear axle. Both of them are fused at the caliper hoses. No corrosion, they just won't budge; penetrating oil, heat, nothing worked so I had to cut them off.  The rest of the fittings unbolted easily.

I could really use a lift right now.  :)

11 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Can't we all?

I have been looking at houses lately.  Not that serious yet, just looking, but room for a lift is always in my mind.  Housing market is crazy here though.  I think average time on market is less than 10 days.

Ordered more parts for the spider.  Parking brake cable needs to be replaced.

8 hours ago, Zappo said:

I have been looking at houses lately.  Not that serious yet, just looking, but room for a lift is always in my mind.  Housing market is crazy here though.  I think average time on market is less than 10 days.

Ordered more parts for the spider.  Parking brake cable needs to be replaced.

Should see the market down here, sometimes I feel like some of these houses never even make it to the market.

We've watched how a very undesirable area went from 230k homes that were about 1600 sqft, to now 320k for the same house within 7-8 months. 

Waiting about another year before we purchase again, hopefully it crashes by then since our local job market does not support the income required for 300k+ houses, foreclosure and eviction filings have already started too so we'll see whats up in a year.

There are no 300k houses here.  I live in a townhouse at 1180 sqft, and it is currently valued around 350k.  I bought it at 123k.  There are no decent houses under 550k in the 1600 ft range, and that goes higher the closer you get to Seattle.

Houses are flying off the shelf here.  My in-Laws moved three houses down.  yeah I know.  But they were able to sell their 60yr old house that needed a new roof, 2 huge retention walls replaced, new HVAC, etc etc.  Sold as is for over asking in 12 hrs.  We were shocked but it was the only ranch for sale in the area.

We've kicked around selling our house for massive profit but anything we would want is way over priced also.

2" lift, buying 32" tires and some wheels for it. Didn't want to mess with cutting up pinch welds and body mounts to fit 33"

Funny that people mention car lifts, originally this work was to be done at a buddies house with lift but he got busy. This weekend I plan to use his lift for the p/s rack and ball joints.

jccDufNl.jpg

• Upvote 2