What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

1 hour ago, bmdubya1198 said:

My dad's '04 Sequoia needs a rack... fortunately an easy job on these trucks! Upper ball joints couldn't hurt either, I was towing my buddy's new G35 with it last weekend and it was a little wander-y on the highway.

If you join the facebook group TSOR - Toyota Sequoia Off Road, theres a member by the name of 'JoeJoe' who sells OEM parts at a steep discount. He only accepts Friends and Family paypal 😬but so far, so good, and no sales tax saves me a bunch. I pay with credit card through paypal for some protection.

• Upvote 1

Adjusted the ride height bit on the SR. Put the adjustable burly boy rear sway bar in it. Not sure of the brand but was several mm thicker than OEM. 
Wide angle makes the rear wheels look all tilty boi. 
 edyDefa.jpg

HRpitmq.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2021 at 12:43 PM, Black Betty said:

If you join the facebook group TSOR - Toyota Sequoia Off Road, theres a member by the name of 'JoeJoe' who sells OEM parts at a steep discount. He only accepts Friends and Family paypal 😬but so far, so good, and no sales tax saves me a bunch. I pay with credit card through paypal for some protection.

Sweet, good to know! I've been trying to track down a new tailgate module since this one has been dead since he got it. The whole lock and latch setup in these is garbage. Otherwise, they're great trucks. The 2UZ is freaking bullet proof!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, iamthomas1245 said:

Thanks for sharing this valuable piece of information. Keep sharing more such awesome articles in the future. Goodbye

Thomas, I am disturbed by your choice of words, does this mean you will never be returning? 

Goodbyes are forever, see you later, well thats just temporary.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've posted for y'all, but I picked up a 2005 BMW X5 3.0 with 192k, body damage, and a bunch of small electrical issues and engine/trans things to fix. It's all been cleared up and I wanted to make this X5 a luxury/ish offroader. I think it's mostly there. All engine related leaks have been sorted, doesn't leak a drop of fluids. Trans filter and gasket are done, all electrical gremlins have been repaired. Rear suspension has been completely refurbished (the rear ball joints were blown out to near catastrophic failure). I lifted it using a 40mm body lift, it has 20mm H&R spacers all around, and oversized 265/70R17 All terrains on it. Added wide angle mirrors, full LED tails and brake lights, headlights have been completely restored with new lenses and bulbs. GM3 module was replaced (rear windows were not functioning) as well as the ALC module (which was preventing the driver's light from coming on). Came with a knockoff key from some junk key shop, so I bought the AK90 programmer for new keys, ordered 2 cut keys on ebay for 90 bucks, and now they are fully functional OEM looking keys without an issue. Added a full touchscreen android unit that is able to run android auto. I really really love this thing, and i've put on about 1500 miles with all new fluids and the overhaul has been done, it's really been a great SUV for lugging stuff around. The only other thing I would like to do is to get a metal offroad bumper for it, since the mounting brackets on this plastic bumper are all separated. but I am very very happy with this X5 so far. Looking forward to winter with this X-Drive.

X5.png

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, T5power said:

X-Drive.

Dam you move quick! 
Looks good, I think the next vehicle purchase will have AWD, we're starting to do much more off paved road, bush camping, and cross country driving to be reliant on FWD/RWD I feel.

I loaded up the X3 for the wedding recently, so glad I decided against using the wagon, really not sure everything would have fit.

KoiRRF3.jpg

Nice E53! I just picked one up a few weeks ago too for a new daily driver. I love it! Super well maintained one owner X5 with 205k miles. He kept EVERY maintenance record since 2003. And he over-maintained it like I do with all my cars... it fell into the perfect hands if I say so myself!

IMG-2428-1.jpg

I've put about 800 miles on it so far and it's awesome. Rock solid car, super smooth on the highway. I wanted it to use for towing, since I sold my Mountaineer back in June and I don't like borrowing trucks every time I need to pick up non-running car. The X5 is perfect since I'm not planning on towing over capacity, and the handling as a daily driver is unbeatable as far as SUVs go. Well, I guess an E70 X5 beats it, but they're nowhere near as cheap as I paid for this one. It's a fitting replacement daily for my E39 touring, which is now in the garage as I contemplate replacing the oil pan gasket.

As for the V70R, I picked up these Otreras from the junkyard the other day. Just need to order some fresh rubber for them before I swap them on. I also want to order those iPd poly spring adjusters to raise up the rear end a touch. As you can see, it's sagging quite a bit with the FCP springs on the delta link rear end.

IMG-2531.jpg

• Upvote 4

Then maybe I need to turn it into FiatSpeed.  :)

Been working on the spider rear brakes for a while.  The further I get into them, the more stuff I need to replace.  Currently making new hard lines so I bought an awesome brake flair tool.  Hopefully I can finish it up over the weekend and get it back on the road.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Zappo said:

Then maybe I need to turn it into FiatSpeed.  :)

Been working on the spider rear brakes for a while.  The further I get into them, the more stuff I need to replace.  Currently making new hard lines so I bought an awesome brake flair tool.  Hopefully I can finish it up over the weekend and get it back on the road.

Post pictars

23 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Dam we just turned this into BMWSpeed lmao

Maybe that's not such a bad thing... lol

Started that oil pan gasket job... I'm taking my sweet time as usual with these jobs. Could be just about done by now, but I'm lazy lol.