What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

On 10/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, bmdubya1198 said:

Nice E53! I just picked one up a few weeks ago too for a new daily driver. I love it! Super well maintained one owner X5 with 205k miles. He kept EVERY maintenance record since 2003. And he over-maintained it like I do with all my cars... it fell into the perfect hands if I say so myself!

I've put about 800 miles on it so far and it's awesome. Rock solid car, super smooth on the highway. I wanted it to use for towing, since I sold my Mountaineer back in June and I don't like borrowing trucks every time I need to pick up non-running car. The X5 is perfect since I'm not planning on towing over capacity, and the handling as a daily driver is unbeatable as far as SUVs go. Well, I guess an E70 X5 beats it, but they're nowhere near as cheap as I paid for this one. It's a fitting replacement daily for my E39 touring, which is now in the garage as I contemplate replacing the oil pan gasket.

As for the V70R, I picked up these Otreras from the junkyard the other day. Just need to order some fresh rubber for them before I swap them on. I also want to order those iPd poly spring adjusters to raise up the rear end a touch. As you can see, it's sagging quite a bit with the FCP springs on the delta link rear end.

Excellent man! It's good to see these X5's are getting the love they finally deserve. Especially the M54 engines, they really are great motors. 

I do miss the classic Volvo scene, but damn do I love this S90. I just put my BBS wheels on a few days ago, I swear you can feel the weight being lifted off of the car compared to the Cratus wheels, which are like 8 lbs heavier per wheel.  Pic below:

PXL_20210924_172320491.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Ol' Dirty Noodle said:

I might be joining the X5 crew… 3 pedals though 😈

There have been one or two around here for sale recently, so pissed I missed out on them.

19 hours ago, T5power said:

Excellent man! It's good to see these X5's are getting the love they finally deserve. Especially the M54 engines, they really are great motors. 

I do miss the classic Volvo scene, but damn do I love this S90. I just put my BBS wheels on a few days ago, I swear you can feel the weight being lifted off of the car compared to the Cratus wheels, which are like 8 lbs heavier per wheel.  Pic below:

PXL_20210924_172320491.PORTRAIT.jpg

For sure, I love M54s. I would have loved to find a V8, but the M54 is a much more reliable engine than the M62 or N62.

hehe they are a thing of beauty

i got interrupted so still didnt do them - maybe today. they shouldn't be hard to do or time consuming. 

will have my koni yellow/ipd set up for sale soon and EST cat back exhaust and a bunch of other things ive changed out

• Upvote 1

Fired the S70 up, filled it up with E85, took a powerwasher to it, checked all the fluids, aired up the tires, took it for a short drive.

Sending it next weekend to the body shop for paint on the roof, might get the splitter done while there, or might just re plastidip it, and definitely the trunk handle.
Rented another garage so I can stick it in there and work on it.  

Might have it detailed at the shop after paint so I can get the paint all squared away all the way around it.
Forget how much fun this car is, but that $70 gas bill is yikes lol.

dPVkqHP.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Sending it next weekend to the body shop for paint on the roof,

What issues do you have with the roof paint?  I am curious to see if it is the same as what I have.  I am getting white spots and it is starting to flake.

9 hours ago, Zappo said:

What issues do you have with the roof paint?  I am curious to see if it is the same as what I have.  I am getting white spots and it is starting to flake.

Yep, it started a couple years ago and spread over the last 2-3 years since its been sitting outside in the sun. 
No issues while it was parked in the garage lol, aka why its going back into a garage.

dtm9aQQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Zappo said:

Okay, mine is nothing compared to that.  How much is the respray going to cost you?

So it started out obviously, wayyyyy smaller, and ended up spreading over the last 3 years since its been sitting in the sun mostly for the last 2.5 or so. 
Previously I had it garaged so it didnt spread much if any.

I'll have to find out, my price is different than others, feel free to pm me about it.
But this will be a correct paint job, sanded down, primed, painted, not just sanded a bit and painted over.  Want it done correctly since ill either keep it for a few more years, or sell it shortly after and rather not have someone in my community have an issue a few years later.

Cold... lol, it feels like almost 90 today here.

So I picked up an '08 S40 the other day for $550 as a non-runner. After seeing there were no suspicious codes on VIDA, I discovered the steering column lock to be the culprit. It seems the chiseling of the shear bolts shook it loose and I was able to start it. Runs pretty well! Full tank of gas too, bonus! I cleaned it up and sprayed some electrical contact lubricant inside it, hopefully that'll keep it working. So far so good... it seems to move smoothly and quickly.

I wasn't sure about it at first, but I kinda dig the color. Chameleon blue metallic. It looks awesome in the sun.

AM-JKLUHqgBNNDCQ3ymuRzQ1dxWTLeQvGgL4BhP8