What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

8 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Cold... lol, it feels like almost 90 today here.

It was down to 32 yesterday morning.  The race tires understeer at 2 mph.  The fact they were on the wear bars didn't help either.  :P

10 hours ago, Zappo said:

It was down to 32 yesterday morning.  The race tires understeer at 2 mph.  The fact they were on the wear bars didn't help either.  :P

Send some of that weather down here please.

Still in the 90s.

20 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Cold... lol, it feels like almost 90 today here.

So I picked up an '08 S40 the other day for $550 as a non-runner. After seeing there were no suspicious codes on VIDA, I discovered the steering column lock to be the culprit. It seems the chiseling of the shear bolts shook it loose and I was able to start it. Runs pretty well! Full tank of gas too, bonus! I cleaned it up and sprayed some electrical contact lubricant inside it, hopefully that'll keep it working. So far so good... it seems to move smoothly and quickly.

I wasn't sure about it at first, but I kinda dig the color. Chameleon blue metallic. It looks awesome in the sun.

AM-JKLUHqgBNNDCQ3ymuRzQ1dxWTLeQvGgL4BhP8

Great score if that’s the fix. 

12 hours ago, flyfishing3 said:

Great score if that’s the fix. 

Got it back together and is working well! Only problem is now I broke the plastic end of a coolant hose off under the intake tract. No big deal though, easy to get to at least... I'll replace that along with the timing belt and cam seals next week once parts get here.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:31 PM, Zappo said:

Ouch... that must have been hell to drive 😂

Not ready for that cold yet... I'll take the high 40s/low 50s at night we're expecting after tomorrow.

11 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Ouch... that must have been hell to drive 😂

Not ready for that cold yet... I'll take the high 40s/low 50s at night we're expecting after tomorrow.

Its only like that until you get some heat into them, but even so they weren't designed to operate at that temp. 

We are at the point it really won't get above the low 50's until Spring.  On the plus side, the turbo really loves the cold.  :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zappo said:

Its only like that until you get some heat into them, but even so they weren't designed to operate at that temp. 

We are at the point it really won't get above the low 50's until Spring.  On the plus side, the turbo really loves the cold.  :)

Oh yeah, the cool weather makes a noticeable difference!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, Zappo said:

Thank you for sending the cool weather down here, woke up to 72 degrees lol.  .

On 10/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, bmdubya1198 said:

Oh yeah, the cool weather makes a noticeable difference!

Bewst Weather

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Thank you for sending the cool weather down here, woke up to 72 degrees lol.  .

Did you have to put a jacket on to go outside?  😛

You don't know what cold is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zappo said:

Did you have to put a jacket on to go outside?  😛

You don't know what cold is.

Hey hey hey, I said Cool not Cold lol. 

Cold for me kicks in around the 20s.   Cool is 30s-80s. LOL

Oh to stay on topic.

Pulled the awning off yesterday, left the brackets on... In hindsight... im pulling the brackets off today because that whistling is annoying as hell at 80-90 on the cruise into work.

Finally installed a Grom unit on the V70 so I can have bluetooth.

Only center channel is working now for bluetooth/calls/radio.

Guess im pulling the radio again to see what I did wrong. (Either didn't plug the Amp back in correctly, or plugged something in wrong)

VOL01U3BT - GromUSB3

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Zappo said:

I bought one months ago, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.  I be lazy on the weekends lately. :)

So like, I be trying to be lazy on the weekends, and it rarely works out -.-

Though this weekend was the wifes birthday so we spent saturday in st pete/tampa area doing the museum tours.

Back to the Grom though,

I like it, got it second hand, but putting my phone on speaker and talking to people with it mounted to the airvent was getting really old.    Just need to figure out why im having the issue I am as I hooked the amp connection to the Grom... I think.  LOL