New:

Calipers
Pads
Rotors
Hoses
Driver side hard line
Brake action compensator
Parking brake cable

Just need to bleed them now and check for leaks, but that will be another day.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Zappo said:

Rear brakes for the spider are in.  

New:

Calipers
Pads
Rotors
Hoses
Driver side hard line
Brake action compensator
Parking brake cable

Just need to bleed them now and check for leaks, but that will be another day.

Well dam, how was that? 

All I did was clean/reorganize the garage from 2 months of constant in and out (car shows and wedding) so the wagon got loaded up with a ton of empty boxes and broken plastic bins and off to the dump.

4 minutes ago, Zappo said:

Well, it has taken me weeks on the spider because I was only working on it a few hours a weekend.  :)

I also topped off the fluids in the Volvo.

Makes sense, just meant overall sounds like a good bit of work so was curious how it went, I found so many parts for the s70 over the weekend that I had forgotten all about.
It'll take weeks to put them all on but hey why not lol.

Tried to diag P0455 on the V70R, but that went seemingly nowhere. After replacing the canister close valve (which did seem to be failed), it still failed the test. I also replaced the purge valve just for sh*ts and giggles, we'll see if that does it. I dropped the tank, pressure tested, smoke tested in several locations, and nothing to be found. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't come back. Not really worried about it, I just don't like seeing the CEL on.

Now for the next unnecessary thing to drive me insane, I want to track down the irritating whining noise in my engine bay. Still have no idea where it is... but I can hear it clear as day. Nobody has been able to point me in the right direction, seemingly because I've never seen (or heard) it on any other car.

Edited by bmdubya1198
  • Like 1

Wife's XC60 has an intermittent DEM fault for the pump and a traction control icon that takes about 30 seconds to go off after start up. This weekend I removed the pump and cleaned it, changed the AOC oil and filter. Also serviced the rear diff fluid.

Same symptoms as before 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Ihatespeedbumps said:

Installed some Falken Wildpeak Trail A/T tires in 215/60/17 on the XC70. Also put in some sub frame bushing inserts and a new left front axle to cure some vibration.

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

Also, recently put in a 3 spoke wood steering wheel and had the airbag recall performed.

Steering wheel.jpg

Dam those are some beefy tires!  

I need to slap tires on the vo's in my life, but like tire prices are shit atm.
Where are you guys getting your tires?  I noticed Tirebuyer is more than my local pepeboys right now.

V70 because they are old as hell
S70 because its been sitting for like 2 years

Both strut assemblies 

Endlinks

And control arms

Old strut pictured below........

3fF7H4j.jpeg

--

Jumped the s70 and pulled it in to charge the battery over night.  

Probably take it into work this week so I can blow out the engine bay and clean it up a bit before I send it to the body shop.  Then I'll start cleaning up the surface rust on some of the engine bay parts and give it a general once over before I start driving it again more frequently.  

tLTC6Es.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Ooof, that strut mount looks awful.

Yeah, I ended up just replacing the entire assemblies vs just doing the strut mounts.

It's pretty funny how much of a drastic change in driving feel from changing the front end out.  
Feels so much better now.
Considering the guy I bought it from, "did" all this stuff already :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Zappo said:

How do you like those horns?  I need to replace mine soon.

Honestly, over the P80 horns, I like them much much better. 
Much louder and cosmetically nicer. 

I bought a set to put on the V70, but I did not realize how loud the P2 horns already were O.o
Keep an eye on them as they frequently drop to $20 on Amazon.

---

Drove the S70 for about 45 minutes Sunday, topped out around 95-100~ without issues.
Still had to jump it so its back on the charger, last night it turned over on its own a couple times, but just incase I put it back on the tinder last night.  Battery is holding at 12.6v so I unplugged it and will check it again when I get home.

Unfortunately I now have a issue that was not present before driving. 
While Idling it will suddenly lean out and almost stall.  
Had a code for IAC (Thinking that was for the vac line that popped off after driving, discovered upon moving it from parking spot to garage and it stalling/dying on the way). 
Luckily as far as P80's go, I have a decent stash of parts still, and can throw some wrenches at it. 

2 weeks till body shop so need to get it rolling fine again.
Going to do a tune up maybe this weekend, have a new PCV (even though the old one is only 2k miles old), plugs, oil change, etc.

Kinda excited to be about to jump back into the S70, even with gas prices hitting 3.90

• Upvote 2