What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

Gas here is 4.30 and it was higher.

I drove my car about 340 miles over the weekend. I was an instructor at SCCA Street Survival, which basically teaches teens better car control that they don't need in basic drivers ed.

5 hours ago, Zappo said:

I drove my car about 340 miles over the weekend. I was an instructor at SCCA Street Survival, which basically teaches teens better car control that they don't need in basic drivers ed.

You know, im not going to lie.

I guessed.

Reg is 3.37
I don't even look anymore, I just click check in on my getupside app, and pump.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Zappo said:

Every kid should do this sort of course. So much beter than any sort of typical driver's ed.

I love GetUpside, always use it. Along with my Gas Buddy card which gives an automatic 5 cent/gallon discount. Added bonus, no need to worry about card skimmers! 93 is around $3.69, and I'd like it to stay around there if it doesn't drop. Still more than I'd like to pay, but it's still under $4.

2 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Every kid should do this sort of course. So much beter than any sort of typical driver's ed.

I highly recommend it.  We don't advertise it either, it is all word of mouth be there is a waiting list to get in.  The teens mostly don't want to go because it is getting up early on a weekend, but as soon as they are out driving they love it.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

I love GetUpside, always use it. Along with my Gas Buddy card which gives an automatic 5 cent/gallon discount. Added bonus, no need to worry about card skimmers! 93 is around $3.69, and I'd like it to stay around there if it doesn't drop. Still more than I'd like to pay, but it's still under $4.

Oh oh oh tell me more about this gas buddy card lol
I'm doing Racetrack VIP which is 10cent off a gal, then I average around 20cent back per with getupside.  
FL is waving its Gas Tax here shortly (will be effective Jan 1st) so thats 25cent off too. 
Looks like its about time to drive the S70 more.

WHICH I fixed last night, just needed to reset the ECU. nbd.

9 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Oh oh oh tell me more about this gas buddy card lol
I'm doing Racetrack VIP which is 10cent off a gal, then I average around 20cent back per with getupside.  
FL is waving its Gas Tax here shortly (will be effective Jan 1st) so thats 25cent off too. 
Looks like its about time to drive the S70 more.

WHICH I fixed last night, just needed to reset the ECU. nbd.

Oooh, no more gas tax? You're giving me one more reason to move to FL!

It's Gas Buddy Pay https://www.gasbuddy.com/pay. Basically a Wex fleet card that's connected to your bank account/payment source so it automatically gives you a discount.

Lemme know if you want the referral code so we get a bonus! lol

S70 -

Replaced the Front O2 sensor.
(Never buying Ultra Power O2 sensors again, 3 in 2 years)
Cleaned up some wiring under the hood.
Cleaned out the interior to start getting it ready for the body shop (car parts all over the back seat lol)
Cleaned out the trunk for the same reason.
Thought about running it through the car wash...

But like thats a horrible idea so ill hand wash it this week.

V70 -

Finally checked the grom issue - Amp was unplugged
I must have tucked it behind the cage when I was fishing wires through for the grom to get it out of the way and never plugged it back in, now all the speakers work again and everything is great.
Replaced the driver Windshield Washer Nozzle
The one I bought on rockauto sucks so ill be replacing that again shortly, this one basically mists.
Swapped old premium speaker into the new door on the car, so nice having a working speaker again in the driver door.
Removed 2 roof cross bars

Removed 1 because I don't need 4 to hold a side canopy and roof basket.
Removed forward one because im not running the side canopy 24/7 therefore it can go to get rid of the wind whistle.
Put about 700 miles on it and some mileage on the new suspension doing a little off roading through the forest for thanksgiving getting out to the hunting cabin for dinner with the fam.
Threw out the old Driver door finally lol

Photos

uusc6l4.jpgZ2gQd3p.jpg

gT7V5g4.jpg0EENGAD.jpg

Don't remember if I posted my injector saga here, but I'll update that... I rebuilt my injectors and one was stuck due to debris. It was dumping tons of fuel, and I ended up just taking them out and sending them off to be rebuilt and tested professionally. Got them back after a few days (thanks again to Coastal Precision Fuel Injection, I highly recommend Michael!) and the car was running better.

Took it for a test drive, it was running alright, but still felt like it was misfiring slightly. I figured just excess fuel in the cat or something. Then it started cutting out under load, particularly in 3rd. Got a CEL for no upstream O2 sensor response. Ran to the JY and replaced that, fixed that problem but it's still running rough. I took it for another drive and it's still cutting out over 3-4k RPM under load. I tried to drive it harder and it finally flashed the CEL at me, cyl. 3 and 4 misfires. Wonderful... I have a feeling the fuel killed my cat. It was also smelling pretty sulfur-y when I got home, so that's another thing leading me to that conclusion.

I still smell a little bit of raw fuel in the engine bay, but there's no leaks that I can see. Could just be in the exhaust that I'm smelling it... who knows.

16 minutes ago, bmdubya1198 said:

I rebuilt my injectors and one was stuck due to debris. It was dumping tons of fuel,

If it was running that rich you likely have gas diluted engine oil.  Pull the dipstick and smell the oil; if it smells like gas, change the oil and filter. 

Gas in the oil will make it run like sh*t and fail smog test; FYI.

23 hours ago, gdog said:

If it was running that rich you likely have gas diluted engine oil.  Pull the dipstick and smell the oil; if it smells like gas, change the oil and filter. 

Gas in the oil will make it run like sh*t and fail smog test; FYI.

Yup, I already changed it. It was full of fuel.

Fortunately it turned out to just be a coil! I realized it burned out when the cylinder was flooding from the stuck injector. I'm a moron and overlooked the fact that the misfire moved with the coil. Forgot that I didn't clear the codes before checking again. It occurred to me in the shower last night that it was the coil... duh...

10 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Replaced the PEM on the side of the road... -.-

Really over P2's.

Oh, I was over P2s after a few weeks of owning one 😂

13 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Oh, I was over P2s after a few weeks of owning one 😂

It's been 5 months?  
But it feels like ive owned this thing for years.

It's WILD when your 1998 S70 with 2 dry rot tires and hasnt driven more than 100 miles in 2 years, is more reliable than the 2004 you've sunk about 7-8k into in 5 months.

With that said, come March/April the wagon is gone.
Have deposits down on 3 different vehicles (22/23 models), first one in/out gets the money. 

• Upvote 1