What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

Finally dropped my XC90 off at the body shop. Daughter had a little fender bender in July. and 4 months to the day its finally getting fixed.

Im a little concerned that they are going to put a base XC front bumper and not a Sport....But its a good body shop and they ordered the parts from Volvo with the VIN so I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing. 

Well It turns out my fears were both unfounded, and completely rational at the same time.

They Did end up with the wrong cover, but they noticed it when they were going to start dismantling my front end. They ordered the correct one, and its now 10 days out. So they want me to pick up the car since its just going to be sitting for 10 days at this point. So I guess my point is its a good thing I went to a good shop, even if they aren't Volvo specific. 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got new shoes today- Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. 235/45/17's fit with no rubbing, thankfully. I probably could've gone even wider now that my car is no longer lowered, and my fenders are rolled. 

Is this too much camber? 

Camber.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 12:26 PM, gmsgltr said:

haha dat camber doe

you got a back up camera on that thang?

Yeah, I have the Auto Vox V5 Pro. I've had it installed for about 3 months and I'd say my feelings are mixed. With young kids I really wanted to get backup camera capability, which this does a good job at. No complaints there. But in my opinion this reduces its usefulness as a rear view mirror in daily driving, because a camera/video feed is nowhere near as crisp as an actual mirror. I'm on the fence about keeping it tbh. PM me if you want more info on it, happy to share. 

IMG-9456.jpg

IMG-9458.jpg

IMG-9466.jpg

• Upvote 1