scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Fucking DDM 3k HID fogs are busted. Shoulda bought sharpHID.

how is the question ?

• Downvote 1

Pretty sure 1 or both of the ballasts went bad.

tossed my car up on the lift to figure out why i was getting play in the steering, come to find out the Flex joint on the control arm is shot. also, my inner tie rod is beginning to show some wear. and i need a new passenger axle. luckily the latter 2 i already have. ordered a control arm from ipd today, along with a poly bushing and plugs.

but i still cannot find any cracks or splits along the evap lines running underneath the car :monkey: :monkey:

Pretty sure 1 or both of the ballasts went bad.

Adam, I have two ballasts, and bulbs for that matter, from Sharp that I took out when I went to the 2004 C jewels. I doubt I put them back in since I really like the jewels. If you can use them, make me an offer. I'm leaving the country fo a couple weeks or more shortly, so it will have to wait a little while.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I've noticed my headlights seem to be getting dimmer, and I bought from DDM as well.

Good thing I spent the money on PIAA fog light bulbs, to have them yellow. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've noticed my headlights seem to be getting dimmer, and I bought from DDM as well.

Good thing I spent the money on PIAA fog light bulbs, to have them yellow. :rolleyes:

Eh, probably my fault for buying the cheapest of the cheap: raptor kit. For now I just put the halogen bulbs back in.

Shoulda gotten some real projector ballasts from a junkyard Audi for $20. :P

Drove it. Made it a point to clean it out tonight, before the VCOA meet on Saturday

changed from 3 zipties and a ball point pen holding the plastic shift collar in place to cutting and bending 3" of a dip stick and using 1 diesel arse zip tie. So now I can shift into 1st and 2nd.. w00t

Eh, probably my fault for buying the cheapest of the cheap: raptor kit. For now I just put the halogen bulbs back in.

:unsure: I have been running the cheap DDM kits in the XC and the wifes C70 no issues on either

Installed HID's in my jewels then dropped it off at the shop to have a strut mount replaced :(

Rear springs (Kilen), oil change (failed to spill any by some miracle, breaking my previously perfect drive anointing habit), finally satisfied myself that the RMS job isn't leaking. Bought Guinness to celebrate, and Baja for the PS3 to kill an evening with my offspring. Car looks low & mean, very satisfying in a slinky kind of way. B)

taking it to the dealership tomorrow to get 'this and that' looked at. :( thank god i worked 13 hours today. thatll help pay the bill.