Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Well guy flaked out again because it was too cold this morning.. and said to do it a different day... well f-that.

NEU and myself are asking for a full refund on my car and partial on his. So if we can get $250 or a bit more out of $500 for 3 cars... then that would be great. John I am talking with that guy you recommended... well not him but someone near me that does a great job also.

Why cant I find a person that wants to do a good job with my good money... lazy bums

Come to PA, I know a couple guys that do awsome work, they do alot of indie dealers around here.

How much is it to rebuild a turbo? Or should I just purchase a 16t?

Personally when mine goes i'm getting another Hahn 16G. I've always loved it for the street, spools great and strong up to 21psi.

mine has zero shaft play... oil is dripping from the compressor... soo yeah. not sure how that would help

Sure you don't have a banjo bolt leaking, just feel around until you find where the freshest oil is at and that's going to be around where your leak is.

no shaft play and leaking oil doesn't make sense to me. Are all your connections tight? It could be leaking from the oil return.

edit I bet its your cam seals....I looked threw your recent pics...

CAM seals are fine... I took a look at them a couple days ago... no leaking at all.. dry

I have the intercooler coupling from the compressor to the intercooler piping... I got new worm clamps also... but I have not put them on yet. Oil Return was dry also

There is absolutely ZERO shaft play

Come to PA, I know a couple guys that do awsome work, they do alot of indie dealers around here.

Personally when mine goes i'm getting another Hahn 16G. I've always loved it for the street, spools great and strong up to 21psi.

Sure you don't have a banjo bolt leaking, just feel around until you find where the freshest oil is at and that's going to be around where your leak is.

How much do they charge? Some guy quoted me $300 for ext only.. 14 hours of work he said... 2 days and I have heard fantastic things

Where can you get a Hahn 16G.

I am going to take a peak tomorrow and take off a couple things to see where it is coming from... just very frustrating.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

CAM seals are fine... I took a look at them a couple days ago... no leaking at all.. dry

I have the intercooler coupling from the compressor to the intercooler piping... I got new worm clamps also... but I have not put them on yet. Oil Return was dry also

There is absolutely ZERO shaft play

How much do they charge? Some guy quoted me $300 for ext only.. 14 hours of work he said... 2 days and I have heard fantastic things

Where can you get a Hahn 16G.

I am going to take a peak tomorrow and take off a couple things to see where it is coming from... just very frustrating.

these guys are in MD.

http://superpages.iarbiz.com/jKqXslg0FvQ=-xGHl3FP4VZ6l6CF2SmSGmLPlaGls%7CqjY

and there's this place in york

Detail Express

200 N Hills Rd

York, PA 17402

717-246-0196

Hahn, and if I ever go with a BOV again it will be this one from them Hahn BOV

Oil leaks are always a pita to track down.

no shaft play and leaking oil doesn't make sense to me. Are all your connections tight? It could be leaking from the oil return.

edit I bet its your cam seals....I looked threw your recent pics...

That's what I said, he says not, but I know when I just did mine it was kinda difficult to see they were leaking until the retainers were pulled.

these guys are in MD.

http://superpages.iarbiz.com/jKqXslg0FvQ=-xGHl3FP4VZ6l6CF2SmSGmLPlaGls%7CqjY

and there's this place in york

Detail Express

200 N Hills Rd

York, PA 17402

717-246-0196

Hahn, and if I ever go with a BOV again it will be this one from them Hahn BOV

Oil leaks are always a pita to track down.

I will call Hahn... I have talked to them before about a BSR tune for $500 shipped from across the pond

That's what I said, he says not, but I know when I just did mine it was kinda difficult to see they were leaking until the retainers were pulled.

Yeah, well tell me if I did it wrong. Took off the CAM Position sensor with the two T40s. Then took off the inner metal bracket that keeps the seal in place and I looked right at the seal. No leaking or signs of leaking... Crap I dont think I looked at the one behind the Dizzy Cap... but if that is leaking it would not leak to the turbo right?

I plan on changing the intercooler hose tonight after the gym and the car cools down.

So a turbo should only leak if there is shaft play (assuming all the connections are not leaking)?

• Downvote 2

I will call Hahn... I have talked to them before about a BSR tune for $500 shipped from across the pond

Yeah, well tell me if I did it wrong. Took off the CAM Position sensor with the two T40s. Then took off the inner metal bracket that keeps the seal in place and I looked right at the seal. No leaking or signs of leaking... Crap I dont think I looked at the one behind the Dizzy Cap... but if that is leaking it would not leak to the turbo right?

I plan on changing the intercooler hose tonight after the gym and the car cools down.

So a turbo should only leak if there is shaft play (assuming all the connections are not leaking)?

Wrong, figure if it is leaking it won't be hardly anything at idle, it will really show it's ugly head when your at highway speeds which at that point any oil being pushed out will be blown rearward, but you should see some evidence on the side of the head, old dirty oil crust.

Not necessarly, my friends DSM's seal went and there was no play, but his was consuming oil and burning it out the exhaust.

I guess I didn't realize that you sold the XC to a car lot.

Got sick of 4,000 pound 4-point blacktop compaction tool (the XC). It just sat and if I were to keep hanging onto it it would start developing issues from sitting outside. Gone baby...GONE!

13669_1204040306505_1393531107_30915579_

Jaxx....you're a VS member?

:ph34r:

:D

:lol:

:P

;)

Got sick of 4,000 pound 4-point blacktop compaction tool (the XC). It just sat and if I were to keep hanging onto it it would start developing issues from sitting outside. Gone baby...GONE!

Jaxx....you're a VS member?

:ph34r:

:D

:lol:

:P

;)

Do you still have the XC suspension?

Jackson you weren't kidding, those tires are HUGE.

lol I have about 800 degrees of usable lock. 235/45/17 on 7.5 +49.

In other news, HID bulbs got here as well as the SR5T.

lol I have about 800 degrees of usable lock. 235/45/17 on 7.5 +49.

In other news, HID bulbs got here as well as the SR5T.

Be careful of the bolts in the rear that hold the fender liner in place on the inside. with 225/45 R17 and +49, my tires were rubbing on them pretty badly in high-g turns and over large bumps... I'm lucky I noticed before they punctured the sidewall :rolleyes:

oil on the bottom of the compressor is most likely just the oil return gasket, do the seal at the same time

do NOT buy the seal to the pan from FCP their seal is not OEM and looks like a piece of cheap rubber tubing, the OEM one is orange in color and of much higher quality material

oil on the bottom of the compressor is most likely just the oil return gasket, do the seal at the same time

do NOT buy the seal to the pan from FCP their seal is not OEM and looks like a piece of cheap rubber tubing, the OEM one is orange in color and of much higher quality material

And you know that! Go Volvo or go home on o-rings.

Camseals will aswell, when your rolling it all pools to the back of the motor and downward.